Marshmiller Lake?

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Heard from a friend at work today that they have been catching some nice gills on the lake. He said close to 5 inchs of ice. Anyone else hit Marshmiller?
    Steve

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Where is Marshmiller Lake Steve?

jhalfen

We fish Marshmiller on occasion during the summer and a handful of times during the winter. Marshmiller is about 10-15 minutes east of the town of Bloomer in Chippewa County. It is a predominately shallow lake that is much longer than it is wide, with heavy weeds and a significant algae bloom in the summer. Lots of flooded stumps too. It has a strong reputation as a panfish producer, as well as LM Bass and Pike. There are two resorts that serve the lake (they have the only accesses), one on the north end and one on the south. The south resort has a fantastic Friday night buffet to enjoy after a hard day on the ice, and a couple of stuffed squirrel dioramas for your viewing pleasure. There are other fun lakes in the immediate area as well, including Rock Lake and Cornell Lake, which are deeper, cleaner, and often less crowded than Marshmiller.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah its a good lake. I usually do the ice fishing contest every year. Pike lake is another good one in the area.

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

no I haven’t been out at all I’m planning on it later in the week have you steve or anyone else heard anything if any tip-up bites at all? Thanks

Shore Shiner

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I haven’t been out yet either with overtime winding down this week I plan on getting out soon. I would like to run down a few flags but haven’t heard where there hitting lately. I would think with the cold weather coming on strong the ice will reallly thicken up and then I feel a lot better out there. I’ll keep all posted once I get out. Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.