Rochester Area Lakes Ice

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Foster Arends Lake has wide open water still. Lake Zumbro is open water from the Ponderosa Campground to the Ponderosa Supper Club only. Its thin looking ice up to Fishermans Inn. Across from Fishermans Inn you will find a path of open water but most of the area has thin ice. With the warmer temps we are having it will be longer til we get good ice. I was out at Hooked On Fishing this afternoon and a guy and his wife stopped in to get some goodies and he was saying that there is ice on some of the finger lakes down on the Mississippi River below Wabasha and also on some of the water along the dike road across from Wabasha. But with the warmer temps I myself wouldn’t trust the ice yet. Its too early yet considering the warmer temps we have been having. Thanks, Bill

StaleMackrel

Hi Bill, I was at the Finger Lakes, West Newton, and Wilcox. There is about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of ice on all of these areas as of 1:00 on today the 14th. Just to let you fishermen know. JJ

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey JJ,

Let me know when we’ve got 1 1/2 inches! Then we can talk with you standing on shore while I’m on the ice again.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

[Let me know when we’ve got 1 1/2 inches! Then we can talk with you standing on shore while I’m on the ice again.]

1 1/2 inches of ice is NOT thick enough young man. You should have 4 inches to walk on. I prefer to visit you at HOF not the funeral parlor. So behave yourself. Kids these days-they have no common sense.

hof
    Rochester, MN

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

davebmork
    Hayfield Mn

Just wear your extra warm life jacket!!!

Art

I figure when I see the two of on the ice I’ll go . Just talked too a guy I fish with a lot, who is the bartender at the VFW in Wabasha. Not safe yet is all he heard. Good luck
    Art

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Wabasha area not safe yet. I drove my flatbottom through the Nelson bottoms on Tuesday, 12/14, and it is starting to look good, but when I can break through it with the boat I stay off of it. There were a few spots where the boat went up on the ice, but not enough to feel safe about jumping out. On Monday 12/13, all the backwaters were still wide open (except for the small bays) That cold Monday night did wonders, but we need a lot more of it!!!!! We just need to make the change to “WINTER”, enough of this seasonal for 2-3 days and then back to 35+.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.