Good Ice in the Winona/LaX area!!!

• Wadsworth

Right in my &$%*ing Freezer!

Anybody checked the extended forecast for the Winona/LaCrosse area for the next 15 days? Don’t bother, in fact, I’ve got a better idea, get rid of your ice fishing stuff and get your boat back out!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, I did a tour of the Lax area this afternoon. Pretty pitiful, so we are getting the boat out to hit Dresbach in the morning. I think we will be on the ice by next weekend. There are places here that are so close to being fishable. I don’t think the weather will clean the ice off totally, but the wind won’t help on the lake.

Wadsworth

I don’t think so, it’s supposed to be around 50 saturday and sunday, then only 2 days below freezing, then back up to mid 40’s all the way through the 17th of December, this definately aint ice making weather, have you ever seen it this late?

If you want to be depressed, just go to accuweather.com, or weather.com and punch in winona, then hit the 15 day forecast, then you can join me in becoming a big fat cry-baby.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I can’t really remember it being this late. But I do remember last year it was pretty late, and the fishing was terrible. All the old timers say when there is late ice, the ice fishing is not going to be good . All I know is if we don’t get something soon, I am going to go north and find some ice. My buddy thinks it will be X-Mas before we hit the ice here, he might be right . The eyes and saugers at the dam should be willing…I hope.

Wadsworth

This very day last year I was fishing the Minnesota City Boat Harbor with 2 inches of ice, and my buddy and I were the first two guys out on the ice at the Marina at Lawrence Lake last year on December 7th with 4-5 solid inches of ice. I’m betting on around Christmas as well, but man, I hope I’m wrong.

I saw another website where a guy suggested we all open our freezers at the same time, I’m game, anybody else?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I have 3 freezers in the house, name the time We all need to do this at exactly the same time so’s we get a deep freeze

canvasback77
    winona,mn

this is the only ice i found in the whole area of winona that was even solid!! its at the McNally landing and i stepped off the dock and it actually held me too, which is pretty impressive(considering)
    and keep in mind this was takin on thursday so this summer like weather should take care of that!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.