MS. backwaters – Wabasha/Kellogg area

• hof
    Rochester, MN

I went on a scouting trip today to see what has happened with all the cold and snow. The backwaters around Wabasha/Kellogg did not get much snow. There is anywhere from a skim to 1/2 inch of ice on most of the area. There are still boats using some of the launches and keeping a lane open. I would expect that within a week, there should be at least a couple areas with walkable ice. I did notice a couple people using ice fishing gear while standing on docks in a harbor. As always, use an ice spud bar to check ice safety before walking on any ice!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

hof
    Rochester, MN

There are people on the ice in this area now. Saw several out today as I drove by some areas. Be careful!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

There was a guy out on the ice McNally landing this afternoon, but they’re still fishing off the docks at the MN City Boat Club. Didn’t look like anyone has tried to get out on the prarie island dike road yet either

I’d giver a couple more days yet

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

On the road to Nelson there were guys on Pontoon bay. They had portables out there and all. I stopped by Wilcox’s and found half a dozen guys out there. They said the ice was 2 1/2 – 3 inches. If we get a little warm up before the cold, Saturday could be very dangerous. Think safe guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.