Ice Fishing GTG

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Sunfish capital of the World as it’s called….Plenty of Crappies in the 2lb. range……Perch up to 15″+……Big Northerns……the occasional hammer handle

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

So, never being to Onalaska, what kind of fish ya got in there besides grass carp????

Green Carp, Bottle Bass & Can Crappies….

Don’t forget about Green Sunfish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gary…not much need for a u/w camera or flasher….just two feet of water…or less…

Since SB, RG, BC, FF, Herb and I’m sure I’m forgetting a few, will be there…bring along at least hip boots…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

So, I would assume that Onalaska is an inland water and I have to purchase a Wis. fishing license?

Do you get your fishing license at the same place where you get your driver’s license at? Cracker Jack box?????

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I would assume Lake Ona. is a WI-MN boundary Water, as it is a lake on/off the mississippi. I can never figure that stuff out

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

So when and where is the ice fishing GTG???
    PDC WI it sounds like but when is it???

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Buckshot…the details aren’t out yet…I believe it was towards the end of January last year…something about safe ice.. ya know.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Lake Onalaska is a boundary water. It’s my understanding that anything in between the tracks that run along the Miss. is O.K. to fish with a MN or WI license. If anyone knows otherwise please make a post. I live in MN, I got checked by the DNR last year off fishermans road and had no problems , Lake Onalaska is a stones throw away.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Thanks Briank.
    I hear Stickboy might be doing some work for you.
    You should ask him about Lake of the Woods and Full Contact Ice Fishing(FCIF)/minnow eating and poopin on the ice.

Me on the other hand….I was behaving myself that trip drank sodas and even asked the guys if we could get up early and go to church that Sunday.

Seriously though….he has done a few things for my parents(deck and siding)…he does great work.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

If I dont remember it it didnt happen

I am the victom here you do realize this.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

minnow eating and poopin on the ice.

Stick…you’re going to have to show me a minnow poopin on the ice…can’t say I’ve ever seen that…or was he seeing the “pink elephants”.

Buckshot…I’m not too worried about his work…ever since he stopped out for a quote…all my wifes been talking about is Stickboy and his wood.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

To fish Lake Onalaska one needs either a WI OR MN license. No need to buy a NR license.
    On the get together deal, I missed it last year because, well, I am kind of wimpy when it comes to meeting new people. But this year is going to be different. I now know a few people from this site and I will not feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, so I am definitely going to be there Sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun, well except for the icy roads to get there

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey guys !! Were just getting into walkable ice in “SOME” places down here…if we don’t get any more of them indian summers or 3 day rain storms were looking like it should be the end of January again…I have a couple of details to work out and if they do this should be even better than last year…

I’m looking at headdin out onto the ice on Friday to do some scouting(hehehe )and I’ll keep you guys up to snuf on the ice conditions…

If your headdin out onto the ice…BE SAFE !!! we had a fella fall thru Cold Springs justthe other day…lucky he was only in waist deep water !!!

I’ll keep in touch

PS: you WILL need either a Wi. or IA fishing license to fish this Get Together !!!

herb
    6ft under

No license needed if you only want to partake of beverages, brats, and BS and not fish. There should be plenty of comedy walking around.
    You’re still planning to come, right Briank?

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Smart words to live by stick…I live by those words myself….
    AND
    the ever famous..
    “A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.”
    A very wise man told me that once and I never forgot it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

There should be plenty of comedy walking around.
    You’re still planning to come, right Briank?

You betcha Herb! I’ll be staying at the Amaricanna Inn..at least I think that was the name…

I knew I was in SW WI when I called the front desk and told them ” I’ve got a leak in my sink,” and the person at the front desk said “Go ahead”.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ec:

I am very interested in making it down this year. Got an ice tourney on the 22nd in northern Wi. If anyone is interested in coming up for that, I would be happy to help with accommodations!!! Would be great if it was the weekend before or after(how selfish am I), but don’t plan around me!!! Looking at a new job in SE Wisconsin and will know more details soon and that may prevent me from coming anyway!!!

Sounds like good ice isn’t very far away for you guys. We have been dealing with snow on the top of ours from the outset, making for treacherous conditions. Lakes bigger than 1000 acres are still open. Sounds like Monday should be making good ice all around the state!!!

Mark

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

BrainK the Brisbos Motel is half the cost a night. But from the Americana you can walk to 3-4 watering holes. After a day on the ice I don’t want to use the pool.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks D-Man…but truth is…I just need one watering hole…as long as it’s not to loud and makes a good Long Island Ice Tea!

Are you going to make it this year?

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

I sure hope so we had a great time last year, and brought fish home. Hope to see ya there! A great little local bar along the RR tracks, can’t remember the name.

PS What happened to old #4?

Brian Lyons

I hope to see all of you there!!

Last year was a hoot. BFD and I will be there again this year to maintain discipline,enforce saftey rules and run the Green Sunfish tourney.

Unless it hits my on call weekend at work
    I won’t know that untill Dave sets a date

herb
    6ft under

B, how can you do any of that when you’re kneeling on the ice with a rod in each hand and beverage between the legs, all the while keeping an eye on that pile of fish so some miscrient doesn’t “accidently” kick them over to someone else’s pile?
    Don’t worry about me causing trouble tho. I’ll be busy running brats and beverage to the shack occupied by fishing machine.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Guys,I sure would like to make it over for this event.If I could talk Wade into going over it could happen.Be nice to meet a few of you guys face to face.
    Ryan Hale

Brian Lyons

Hey Herb, I just talked to BFD and we have decided to deputize Fishing Machine. This will take a load off us and also keep her busy so maybe I can catch a few more fish.

Seriously, the best part of these get togethers is getting to visit with that gal. I’m looking forward to it!!

Not only am I not on call, I have have the 28th off too

herb
    6ft under

We should try to hook up for some pre-fishing.
    Ryan, Wade talked like he wanted to make it over this year. Twist his arm if you have to.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Herb…not only have I be twisting Wade’s arm…I’ve been on his pants leg like a dog in heat…or something like that.

I wanted to meet him there so he could sign my new ’05 Jolly Ann Marine Poster…which will be going on sale the first of the year…

Much better photography and detail than last years Lowrance/bathtub poster….

Viewing 26 posts - 31 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.