Menomin ice

• Don Hanson

The back bays of the lake are iced up but the boat ramps are still open.

Beerslayer
    Menomonie

Well as of Friday we have about 3.5 inches of good ice in the cementary slough,,and the gilly/crappie bite was spotty,, I did up with a dozen or so nice gills.
    With the warmer weather for the week-end, I’d expected deteriorating ice conditions,, so becareful!!

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Dont know what there is for ice out there, but there was close to a dozen people fishing the cemetary bay today

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Dont know what there is for ice out there now. I might be hittin it this sunday. Would like to know if the ice has been holding steady this week, detoriating, or building? Any info would be apprreciated. Thanks

fetzeriiif
    Wheeler, WI

Has anyone been out on the main lake yet? How about Tainter? Any walleyes or northerns?

red89
    Hudson

I could not believe it today when i went by the lake and saw vehicles out on the ice. The cold nights we have been having really froze it up solid. Have not been out on the main lake myself yet, but i heard some guys where catching eyes and perch jigging spoons in the bays.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Let us know if you get out and are catching some. My overtime is done and I’m off next week so I plan on a little fishing and maybe even a little late bowhunting.
    Steve

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Anyone know anything about Lake Eau Galle, and if its frozen good?

krisko
    Durand, WI

Eau Galle is frozen stiff. I heard it had about 10″ on it the other day??? I have seen snowmobiles and stuff out on it so it has a good little bit….They’ve been catching some nice crappies on the cribs and over by the park.

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Anyone been having luck for walleye on menomin or tainter?

red89
    Hudson

I was out on menomin today and did not see a single fish caught the whole time I was there. I was fishing the bay by the library, anybody getting better results on different parts of the lake? And does anybody know how the bite is on Tainter?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.