NEW Ice Conditions forum for MN

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

In the last week or so we’ve been contacted by members to add a forum to keep track of the latest ice conditions across their areas of interest. Out of those suggestions sprang these new Ice Condition Reports forums.

How to use them…

Create a post for each specific body of water or area and make your initial ice report. After that first post for a specific body of water is made then all subsequent ice condition updates should be made to that post for that specific body of water, even if you didn’t make the first post. Doing things this way will make it easy to find all available info for a specific body of water.

A word of warning…

Ice condition reports are to be considered a helpful guide and NOT 100% reliable information. No ice, regardless of thickness or condition is 100% safe. Reports shared here are to be considered guidelines and a reflection of the average condition of the body of water on a given day. Travel with caution and ALWAYS ice fish with a buddy!

jldii

I think this is a great addition to the site guys. Lord knows there are more than a few of us that are anxious to get out on some “hard” water. I hope everyone will help in keeping us up to speed on the ice conditions as the season progresses.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Heading to the Bemidji Area, possibly including Red on Wednesday through Sunday. Stay tuned, I will try to post something on Thursday morning.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

was up at the big pond and noticed alot of open water!!! but some of the smaller lakes around the pond area where almost covered if not completely covered. just don’t know the thickness yet.

shane

StaleMackrel

I went to Wilcox today around 1:00 p.m. There is about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of ice on the shoreline areas.

shon
    Waconia ,mn

Waconia has 5 to7 inches. Waverly has about the same as of sunday. Finally got to get out with the four wheeler.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

With the cold temps highs around zero for the Rochester area the next few days, you can guess what the lows will be- Brrrrrr] we should see some good ice being made. I have heard maybe 30 plus degrees on Sunday so warmer temps are coming after this cold snap is done which means bareable temps to get out and enjoy the newly formed ice. Ice fishing helps to make winter go faster so if you don’t care much for ice fishing you are missing out on some winter fun that also makes spring come faster. And best yet-its ”fishing.” Have a great ice fishing season everyone. And please be carefull as no ice is really safe ice. Thanks, Bill

cady
    blomintion

this site is great

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Well hey there Cupcake,….

Must have the itch if you’re bring back the Ice Forum post from 2004!

Welcome aboard! And have fun with your new addiction

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Welcome to IDA Cupcake!!!!

Look forward to hearing your reports!!!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome cupcake!!

schlankki
    otsego, mn

welcome cupcake

goldenbobby
    Pine River MN

Hi every one as of 11/27 Loon lake in Cross lake MN was iced over. If the cold weather holds out it should be safe this weekend.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.