Strating to Ice over

• shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I live north of the metro and the smaller lakes and bays of the bigger lakes are holding ice for the whole day. If the wind stays down and we don’t get any rain we may be in good shape.

Bob Bowman
    MN

MY FISHING PARTNER JUST CALLED AND HE IS ON FOREST LAKE AND BREAKING ICE WITH HIS ALUMACRAFT. THE CHANNEL BETWEEN 1ST AND 2ND IS LOCKED UP AND SO IS THE ENTIRE EAST SIDE OF 1ST LAKE. IT WON’T BE LONG IF IT STAYS CALM. IT IS SO NICE OF HIM TO CALL ME WHILE I AM STUCK AT WORK AND HE IS ON THE WATER…. I ACTUALLY AM LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH HIS FISHING OUTING AS OF LATE. HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL…

illinois

you all talking about ice i live in galesburg illinois and we have 6 inches of snow on the ground allready i usually cant get on the ice till january and we got snow

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wait a minute…doesn’t MN get snow before IL?

I think that happened last year too.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I noticed that the backwaters on the Mississippi by Wabasha and Nelson. Do any of you fish that area. I’m getting into this ice fishing thing and just seeing what is safe and what isn’t. I fish a lot in Indian Slough and a lot of areas on the Wisconsin side. I know where the long walk is and I hate the “long walk”…..just looking for some ideas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.