Old humminbird Super Sixty

• lalnx
    New Albin, Ia Pool 9 Minnesota Slough

Would one of these old sounders be worth the bother taking out on the ice. I can buy one from a friend for $10. I don’t know any thing about these things, maybe $10 is even to much. would it make a better anchor?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Heck yes! For $10 it will work just fine. The main difference is the SS is one color – Red. But it will mark jigs and fish just fine. Learn to read the bands. Wider band, larger target.

Good Luck.

herb
    6ft under

Jon’s right. I have a friend down here who buys every one of those he can get and converts them over to ice fishing with a vex or cabela’s battery. Sells them for about 65.00 I think. Can’t keep them on hand.

lalnx
    New Albin, Ia Pool 9 Minnesota Slough

Thanks for the input Jon & Herb. I took it out in the boat the other day and it apears to work . The transducer has a little dent in it (I believe from storage). I believe this causes a little fluter from zero to about 5 feet as well as at the bottom depth mark it seems wider than it should be (I was on a hard clay bottom). I will sand and or epoxy the surface to recondition it smooth again. Maybe this will correct the flutter. I didn’t mess with it to much, I didn’t have much time and wanted to fish

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.