bugs

• herb
    6ft under

How many of you have cleaned your ice shack of all this year’s beetle bugs?
    fun fun fun

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Havent opened it as yet, but I have moved it 5-6 times the last 3 weeks. I hope you don’t tell me they eat the material.

herb
    6ft under

Nope, I won’t. I remember the first time out with Blue Fleck last year. He had a nice bunch of them dumped on the ice outside his Frabil.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

They didn’t seem as bad this year as the last couple around here. Plenty thought! At least they didn’t crawl into my outboard and plug the pee hole.

Too bad they don’t make good bait!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I remember the first time out with Blue Fleck last year. He had a nice bunch of them dumped on the ice outside his Frabil.

That was AFTER I vacuumed 4lbs of those things out. They were really bad last year. I had tree trunks in the backyard that were covered in those stinkin’, bitin’ no good bugs.

herb
    6ft under

IceJohn

Herb,I have cleaned mind 2 times already.Not as bad as last year had a hurd of mean spiders.The whole clan was waiting for .In my hair down my shirt darn near dropped over!Hope to see you on the ice up by Lansing.ICEJOHN

herb
    6ft under

IceJohn, I too cleaned mine for the second time yesterday, then I sprayed it hoping to prevent anymore invasions. We’re supposed to get temps in the upper 60’s today and that means the little buggers will be on the move again. I’m sure we’ll meet up, but I also plan to hit Rathbun this winter if the ice forms. There’s some darn nice fish over there this year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey IceJohn…fish on!
    Haven’t seen you around for a while!

Man, my wife would never fish again if there were ONE spider in the portable!
    Are you going to the PDC this year? If so…I want the hole right next to you…you had the magic touch last year!

herb
    6ft under

Heck of a day yesterday. Battled more beetle bugs and mowed the yard. Hard to think about ice fishing after all that.

IceJohn

Briank,yes I plan on being there,had a blast last year.I am gearing up for a trip to Devils lake in Jan.Cant wait to get back there BUMBO PERCH got too love them.See you on the ice. ICE JOHN FISH ON

Brian Lyons

Herb….It’s November.. STOP WITH THE LAWN MOWING .

Behavior such as yours must be stopped before it spreads

Now calm down and go fishing

herb
    6ft under

The lawn mowers are put away for the year.
    I might be in the market for a couple sheep (baa baa-real sheep-for grass eating only) or goats next spring.
    And as a matter of fact, I even went fishing today.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

And as a matter of fact, I even went fishing today

And….?

herb
    6ft under

Brought home crappies, gills, and saugers.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You caught them?

Sounds like you had a good trip! River fish’en?

herb
    6ft under

Yup and yup. Saugers were a bit difficult cause I refused to go to the dam and mingle with the clustermuk. Still a heck of a lot of current down here.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.