224 or Ultra?

• Chris
    Rochester, MN

Anticipating the ice I went to Medford to pick up my new auger. I debated about for awhile whether or not to get the 224, the new 4 blade from strikemaster or the ultra mag (3 blade). I ended up getting the ultra mag but as I’m looking at it in the box buyers remorse hits me that maybe the 224 would be nicer. They are the same price so I’m wondering if anyone has any opinion on the matter. Unfortunately I think this is the first year it has been out so all of your wisdom will need to be from something you read unless you field tested a proto. I remember reading somewhere that the 224 will overlap it’s cut but is it effective? Any input is great. Thanks

Kickoff

nick
    Lakeville, MN

It sounds like this new four bladed model is the quickest and easiest, I don’t think anyone’s tried one yet, from what I’ve heard the 4 blade model seems like it’s going to end up in my ice fishing gear.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

two more blades to replace when they get dull,i have a lazor mag pretty happy with it.

scottsteil
    Central MN

If you routinely open old holes, the 4 blade is the easy choice. They are both fine augers. I will be running the 4 blade this year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.