Two Man Portable…Which One?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

And here I thought you were going to say Fish Trap!

Is this the right weight for the med cabin? Weight: 60 lbs (sled and house)

PS Are you an accountant? That was three words.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Here is the breakdown…

Otter II Medium Sled…$89.45
    Medium Cabin……….$304.45
    Otter Sled Travel Cover$68.45
    Sled Hyfax Kit………$36.95

Total = $499.30 + shipping if purchased from Otter…

but I’ll bet you’d get a better price from a Sports Store

scottsteil
    Central MN

If someone is looking for a GREAT fishhouse, and you are serious about your ice fishing, contact me. I am selling one of my guide houses from last year. It is the polar 3 man (perfect for 2) and it comes with everything including the seats, hitch system and the works. I haven’t had the chance to get it listed in the classifieds yet but I will in the next couple weeks. It is a SWEET set up!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Well I have an eskimo 2 person, 4 hole portable. I load the top with my chair, poles, auger, ice chopper, radio, minnows, and heater. I can pull it really nice across the lake without much trouble and when i go to load it, it is pretty light.

shane

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

FYI…I would think twice about a Frabill product. I have a XL Twin not quite a yr. old. A group of us just got back from Devils Lake it was cold -25 with wind chills around 45-50 below.

Both the side windows on my twin split wide open from the top to bottom from the cold. A friend that was along had the same thing happen with his Ranger Solo!

The guys in Clams and Eskimo’s didn’t have any problems with their windows breaking!

I called Frabill this mourning about the windows. I was told that the windows are not covered under warranty. The gal told be they sell replacement windows for 14$ a piece. I wasn’t to pleased with this seeing as though my house is only 11 months old.

On their web site it says and I quote….

Tell the spouse you’re going ice fishing ALL DAY!
    Even when it’s below zero!

The folks at Frabill might want to change that to…

Even when it’s right at zero or slightly below!

This will be the last Frabill product that I own.

Anyone else had this sort of a window problem?

krisko
    Durand, WI

I had my 2 man out the other day when it was below zero and had no problems with the windows. I even had a problem folding it up so I know the windows got a work out. Mine isn’t that old either?????

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.