Augers-what do you have? Like it?

• lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

Brian,I also have a Strikemaster Electra Lazer Auger 12000 like wadsworth.He is corect about it,it’s great no gas,oil, pulling to start,freezeing of cables and it’s a very quiet unit to run(very little noise).It runs off a vexilar batt.that’s incassed on the head of the unit.Here’s a link to more info on it electra auger

Pax
    Woodville, WI

I just picked up another strikemaster. Now I got the new lazer mag ultra express 9 inch. The motor has a compression release valve on it for easy pulling starts. Also has a lot more compression (i.e. more hp). Still have a strikemaster lazer mag 8 inch from last year and love it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks lebruce !

Fired up the Jiffy 3 Sunday and it worked great…with a little tuning…

I’m hoping I can limp er through a few more years.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Wadsworth, Lebruce,

How many holes can you drill on one charge? And how much does the drill weigh?

This thing looks like it would fit my needs perfectly.

Thanks,
    -J.

lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

Jon,I have the 6″ model.I haven’t ran it dead but I know I drilled over 40 holes in ice 12″ thicker.I’d say it way about 20 – 25#’s.Ther’s also a level bubble on top in the center to help you know your drilling a straight hole in thick ice too.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Sweet, I have never drilled 40 holes in a day. I’m sold…getting one. Probaly a 7 incher.

Thanks for the info.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

They wiegh 26-28 lbs depending on the size.

Wadsworth

Jon-

I have the 8 inch model, (I mainly fish with tip ups), I have also never run it dead, I will usually drill 20-40 holes in a day, later in the year, as much as 2 feet of ice, with no problems at all. They are very comparable in weight to a gas auger.

Seriously, after having mine for a full season last year, I can’t believe there aren’t more of these things out there yet, as the kids say,

They are the Shiznit!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.