A move out front…

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

After sitting out on the lake last night in the cool breezes it dawned on me that it might be time to put the ice fishing forum out front.

How many days to first ice? 45? 60?

herb
    6ft under

Thanks James You’re such a sweetie.
    Sorry, no predictions from me.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Ice fishing? still a good 64 days out…..not even entered the mind yet. Way too many browns to down yet

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Did you catch any fish last night, or was it a long night of thinking????

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You talking to me? …. lol

If so, yeah. I just posted on last night’s outing in the mille lacs forum and I’ll have a complete report up in a couple hours. My belly is screaming FEED ME NOW so I’m headed out for some grub!

Quote:

Did you catch any fish last night, or was it a long night of thinking????

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m guessing that I should be on the ice by Nov.25th..the back waters around here will get a couple inches of ice on them by then and I’ll be out

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Nov 25th is Thanksgiving. I can’t remember ice fishing that early. Although, I can’t remember coming to work this morning…..

Dave are we going to do some Herb-sledding this year? I can’t wait to get out. Real soon, we should meet @ TJ Hunter’s in Lansing to discuss some strategies and have some of their awesome burgers!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

now that sounds like a plan Tom,

I’m hoping for an early winter !!!

superdave
    NE IA

Amen on the early winter, Im also hoping for thanksgiving!

Hope to see ya guys out on the ice soon.
    dave

Wadsworth

61 Days to first ice, trust me, I have a very scientific formula for figuring these things out.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Wads, you going back up to Zipple this year? Man how time flys.. My guy on Red is taking bookings for his sleepers right now.

herb
    6ft under

If I remember right, ec was the only one to break through last year. It’s always an adventure with him.

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

Depends on where you go. Eight years ago I was treading river backwaters on Nov. 13. Don’t ask me how thick the ice was…..O.K., about two inches, but I didn’t fall through. My goal is to be the first one out. There’s nothing like that first slabber coming up the hole.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I love ice fishing…

Did i tell you I love ice fishing ?

I love ice fishing

kicks Heiniken

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I agree, Dave. Was just going through pheasant loads and it triggered thoughts of ice fishing in my warped mind. Only went through twice last year. Once knee deep on early ice and the other with the truck by a landing on Leech in late March. 4 wheeled out with only a bent bumper to show for it. Bring on the cold! Well, after I get my deck painted anyway.

Wadsworth

Not sure yet what we’re going to do Derek, probably won’t be Zipple, we’re going to stay on shore, and we want to be able to drive out to our house as early as we want, and stay out as late as we want, I called Zipple, and they close their gate at night, so we’re probably going to look into wheelers point.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.