Am I the only person waiting for ice?

• UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

C’mon guys (and ladies) …..

Its lonely in here. I can’t be the only person on this
    entire site who is waiting for ice.

Lets get something going…. improvements to your house/shelter, places to go, things you learned last year,
    anything.

I’m tired of swatting mosquitos – bring on some 10F days and 4″ of beautiful clear black ice.

UG

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

While I have been enjoying great success this summer, I am extremly looking forward to first ice. Last year, I was only able to get out on the ice a few times, due to having my hip replaced. What a bummer. Yes indeed I am ready.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Am I the only person waiting for ice?

Yes!

Just kidding. I love fall too much to jump right into the ice age.

-J.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

You are definetly not the only one waiting for ice. We will have to get some deer and pheasant hunting out of the way first but then it’s out to the ice. I have a gift certificate to Gander Mountain which is going towards the 2 man Otter shelter and it is burning a hole in my pocket. Was planning on building a sleeper ice house this year also but that may be a little aggressive with the honey-do list as long as it is.

Can’t wait for that thump on the old Kastmaster to happen again.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

First deer huntin, but then, yes, ice fishing!

Cant wait to throw out them tip ups.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Gentlemen,

As much as i love taking Blue to School on Eye’s/Saugers , we still have a good 4+ months before Ice Over….

Still too much going on before i shift gears, and like the above, Hunting starts b4 Ice over as well.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ve had a two man Otter sled/shelter for 4 years now, and it’s great. It pulls easy and a small heater makes it very comfortable. And I can move around easily too.

I can wait for the ice. There’s about 1100 fun things to do first while we still have some summer left!

Rootski

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

why would I want to go ice fishing when there is open water on pool 4 all year long.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Yes, I have been thinking about ice fishing. RHW and I have been laying out some plans for the ice fishing season. If you’ve never experienced the fantatic fishing through first ice, then you really ought to give it a try!
    Steve, you make a good point! I like to do both!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Hey Just To make You Feel Better I Just Put Fresh Gas In My New Stealth Jiffy Power Auger And Ran It For A While A couple Days Ago

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here is your sign.

Just kidding!!!! I admit, I like to sit in my boat, cold one in hand and listen to the radio on the nights I can’t get out on the water.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

WE FISH. You Rock!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

From this pic you now know one of my secret spots

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

You know, this morning on the way to work, it was a little hazy after the rain, and in the shawdows of the standing corn, when I was about a 1/2 mile away, I thought I was seeing things. I was certain that I was seeing a portable – like maybe a Otter or some such, set up in road ditch. The profile was just right….

It turned out to be a round hay bale. I need a ice fix, real bad. Thanks – that helps alot. It may help me stay sane.

UG

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

As much as i love taking Blue to School on Eye’s/Saugers

Yeah…..as much as that happened.

Slop, is that the school bell I hear?

Bring on the ice!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Here is your sign.

Just kidding!!!! I admit, I like to sit in my boat, cold one in hand and listen to the radio on the nights I can’t get out on the water.

Been there, done that. I’ve also set up the shack in the front yard and downed a few about fall of the year.

Gator Hunter

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Well Uncle Grump, the water temps are headed in the right direction today. And it’s August!!

hof
    Rochester, MN

It’s starting to look like we may have a very early start to the ice fishing season. I really love to ice fish, so bring it on!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

scottsteil
    Central MN

I pulled out the portable last night to dust if off and took and inventory. I am not joking either. When it gets this cold you can’t help but think about hunting and ice fishing!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Quote:

When it gets this cold you can’t help but think about hunting and ice fishing!

I know, its chilly these mornings, and we are sposta be in the dog days?? When I git up, I just lay there and think of ice fishing……

3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

I have been thinking of ice as well. Gonna buy a new portable this fall. Anyone used the 1060 by Clam? Like the looks of that shack. Any info would be appreciated.

kooty
    Keymaster

Send a PM to Ironguts. He and his buddies all own one. I’m sure he will share his likes/dislikes with you.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m not very confident we will have an early season. Cold summer means warm winter in my opionion. Obviously not a hard and fast rule though. I am especially concerned about winter due to the fact my wife and I are heavy into sleds.
    The less snow there is, the more I ice fish.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Cold summer means warm winter in my opionion.

That would be fine by me warm winter means more time to fish pool 4
    Who needs ice when pool 4 is open all year!

Sorry all you ice fishin fans.

kooty
    Keymaster

Got a new to me toy sitting in the garage. I store a friends sled each winter for him. This year it’s a 97 583 ski do. Much nicer sled than the last one I stored. In return, I ride the snot out of it. So I’m not really looking for ice, just snow.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hey that’s a good idea John I will have to make that same kind of deal with someone when I get my new shed built.

I think I will have room for a four wheeler too!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Waterfowler has a sled!!!!! It’s all over now.
    Steve-bite your tongue. SNOW SNOW SNOW

kooty
    Keymaster

Here she is:

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.