Catfish Ice Fish

• HmongCreation
    Saint Paul, MN

Looking to do catfish on ice in Anoka county, any suggestion on where to go and best time with what jigs to use or bait

thanks,

692fisherman
    champlin mn

its not much help but we usually ice fish for cat fish up 94 in new richmond….. on horse shoe lake….. great fishing, find main lake, deep breaks, usually around 20-35 fow….. you usually end up catching them when targeting crappies…….. so i use crappie sized items, waxies, minnow heads etc….. they usually bite light and suspend all over the water column and come in thick on the vexilar!!!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Speaking of the chain, how is it up there?

Fish lethargic yet?

692fisherman
    champlin mn

was out there a few weeks back and it was pretty decent,,,, mixed bag of cats and crappies….crappies were good sized cats were smaller than years past….probablt 2-3 pounders..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You might be able to get a few catfish out of Moore Lake, but be careful, there is an aerator. If you catch any, please let me know by posting or a private message. I’ve been thinking about giving it a try.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

You might be able to get a few catfish out of Moore Lake, but be careful, there is an aerator. If you catch any, please let me know by posting or a private message. I’ve been thinking about giving it a try.

Public request, private reply. Niiiiiice.
    I gotta remember that ploy.

matt

Crooked Lake in Andover has cats in it.Never tryed it before though, gave it some thought as I drove out there one day but never punched a hole.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Crooked Lake as mentioned above, Golden out by Circle Pines.

Use the DNR Lakefinder app and filter it by channel cat stocking in Anoka County to find the lakes. After that, you are on your own for technique, etc.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Moore Lake is about the size of an Olympic pool. He might not be comfortable posting about any success he had there.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Quote:

Speaking of the chain, how is it up there?

Fish lethargic yet?

This is the time of year the cats scatter from the main holes. It’ll get tougher targeting them from here on out. My typical walleye spots are showing an increase in cats, which seems to coincide with the decrease from “the hole”.

HmongCreation
    Saint Paul, MN

Thanks for the tip and help
    Crooked Lake sound good, anyone know where the ice fishermen launch from.
    thanks,

Quote:

Quote:

Moore Lake is about the size of an Olympic pool. He might not be comfortable posting about any success he had there.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

There’s a park off of Bunker Lake Blvd where the boat ramp is that you can use to access the lake. Good luck!

HmongCreation
    Saint Paul, MN

report back: was there at crooked lake on 3/8/14 from 3-8pm catch some smaller one nothing big to show to you guy in here.

Maybe I try river catfish on ice. any suggestion?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.