Marcum LX9 Warranty Question

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

I purchased a new LX9 on about the 15th of March 2013. I was only able to use it the one day on Leach Lake. I had a back injury caused from the ice conditions then. It was the very worst crust/snow/slush/ice I could ever imagine!!

Recharged it twice this past year. and was good to go.

Just now getting the chance to ice fish and plugged it back in again last night. The chargers (both the one that came with it and an interstate branded with almost the very same specs) will not go to a green light. Both will just star on red.

Reading the downloaded manual under the warranty list, I find that it stated both a 1 year and then refers to a 2 year warranty as well. This is not spelled out very well imo.

First that is confusing and second is the battery covered under the 1 or 2 year warranty time do you know?

Thanks for your wisdom.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I would say it is your battery. Did you leave the gauge attached. That wil kill the battery. It can be replace for around 15 bucks at fleet farm. I do t beikive there are warranties on sealed batteries of that kind. Probably easier just to replace.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m not sure and wouldn’t want to speculate. Simple answer is to shoot them an email as soon as possible and see their response —> [email protected]

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Yep Randy, both a call to Reeds and an e-mail to Marcum is in store tonight/tomorrow.

I just was wondering if there was any insight here for the background knowledge.

castle-rock-clown

Does the unit power up? If it does, what does the dashboard say for voltage?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

What’s with it stated both a 1 year and then refers to a 2 year warranty?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

It could be as simple as the charger light being bad..or the charger itself…

LateSeason
    NULL

My LX7 has a fuse on the charger cable that connects to the battery. Maybe the fuse blew on yours. I would think the 9 would have the same setup.

shaley
    Milford IA

My charger on both my 7’s have never turned green….

Denny O
    Central IOWA

When it’s plugged in the light comes on red (both chargers act the same way on this battery). With the light coming on red charging my vex’s battery it will go to green later. Charger I believe works ok. LX9’s volt meter states 13.9volts.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I just heard back from Marcum
    “Not sure why the charger will not turn green. Do not worry about it. Realize after 12 hours your battery is fully charged.

The warranty on that unit is 2 years. We tend to be generous with our warranty coverage and do not hold people to the day.”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.