Can I use my Lowrance 522 to go ice fishing?

• David H

I’m just getting into ice fishing and wondering if I can adapt my Lowrance 522. Is there a kit available or easy way to magically turn the 522 into an ice flasher? Or am I better off just buying a new flasher that’s ready to go on the ice? I found a thread from a few years ago that seemed to suggest the latter. But the potential to save some money and the potential ease of using the same map/finder summer and winter has appeal. I would appreciate opinions. I’m a newbie, so apologize if there are recent comments on this subject and I just failed to find them. Thanks.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I got just what you need. A gimbal mount,ice ducer, battery, and a case. Reasonable. PM me if interested.

duke.harbaugh

Welcome to IDO I personally would suggest going with an marcum or vexilar. JMHO

matt

I am on my fourth winter of using mine.Pick up the transducer somewhere for winter and a box to mount it on.Keep your screen on dim as possible and turn off your gps when not needed or it will kill your battery real quick.I fish in a house allmost allways,if you fish outside you wont be able to dim the screen much,if at all.Either way I allways have a spare battery close by.If you do those two things a good 9amp hour battery will give you near 8 hours+ –

David H

Quote:

I got just what you need. A gimbal mount,ice ducer, battery, and a case. Reasonable. PM me if interested.

MXSKEETER, I’m new to this forum thing so I’m not sure if this just goes to you or shows up to everyone. I would definitely be interested. Will just any ice ducer work or are there compatibility issues? Is the battery pretty decent? (Another responder said his 522 works well but battery life is an issue.) Of course, I could just get a back-up battery, probably a good idea anyway. If I put my email address here will it just be visible to you?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.