Help with TUCR

• Beuks60

I really want to try one of the Tuned Up Custom Rods people are talking about but I went to their website and didnt have any idea which one would best fit my needs. I am primarily a perch fisherman who likes to jump holes but is it possible to get the same rod and have it accomidate me for walleye fishing? Does anyone have advise on which model I should go after??

Also would like to get one for fishing gills as well but again not sure which one to choose.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

tswoboda

Quick tip will cover spoons for perch and walleyes.

Noodle will cover jigs for gills and perch.

Get them both, they are awesome.

Egts

Quote”I am primarily a perch fisherman who likes to jump holes but is it possible to get the same rod and have it accomidate me for walleye fishing? Also would like to get one for fishing gills as well.”

The Precision would be a good perch walleye rod, but when you throw in

gills I would push you into a Quick Tip. It has a light enough tip that you can really work small tungstens & spoons for gills & perch, but more than enough backbone to handle a 30″ walleye. I would not recommend using lures over 1/4oz as it will really load the QT. One recommendation would be to have the last eye wrapped with a bright wrap. I did this and find it nice to tip watch, even though it is a “feel” rod. Some habits are hard to break.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

The rod you want it the TUC dead stick it’s absolutely the best perch rod I’ve ever fished with and I’ve used them all! It’s the perfict combo of tip and backbone. It will also handle walleyes with ease I’ve iced fish to 26″ with no problem. I’ve told John many times to rename the dead stick to the perch whip. Lol If your close to the west metro give me a shout and I can show TUC’s full line of rods.

ekruger01

I cant remember if its episode 4 or 6 this season but in one of them Joel is using I believe a precision to catch perch. This is the heavier of the Two between quick tip and precision, But as you can see in the vid while he is talking about it, it does not hinder his ability to catch the perch. I would say dependent on the size of bait your going to be jigging, the stouter action of the precision might be better, but if you want to coax them subtly with lighter baits the quick tip would be better. Both rods can no doubt handle both breeds, and I feel you should eventually have one of each, but I would start with the precision personally.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Tim lets not run a luxury car down a gravel road . All the TUC rods are great, but in my opinion that QT is the most multispecies rod they have out there handles even 1/8 oz jigs fine down to small jigs. – QB

Bryan Myers

I like QB would have to say the Quick Tip is what your looking for. I love mine for perch and crappies and when I’m targeting eyes it handles them with ease! The other thing about that rod is the tip is soft enough you can use it for gills as well.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

If you could design your own rod to be perfect for your style of fishing, it would look just like one made by TUCR. These guys have come up with a rod for almost any application and they know which rod works best for each of them. I would definitely give them a call and see what they think would be the best rod for you.

Marcum12

I don’t want to hijack this but I am also thinking of buying one of these for gills and crappies. I am just wondering what brand and size reels you guys are using for on these? I use spinning reels only so I am not looking at straight line opinions. Thanks.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

For ice fishing the 500 series shimano sienna is a great buy. I saw it on the shelf at runnings today for $30, great reel for the price especially when looking at panfish that the drag really does not come into play much. Have handled large walleye with these reels and they hold up nice. – QB

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Dab,
    I would call John for the same reason mentioned above, you may be looking at a quick tip or a noodle for rod… Q made a great reel mention on the sienna… Only thing I can add to that would be to look at the Sedona; it’s more aluminum than plastic and has a more reliable drag… Definitely grab the 500 series like he mentioned.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Just give me call.

If I don’t answer please leave a number to get back to you.

Beuks60

Thanks for the advise everyone! John I will give you a call the first part of the next week and see what we can get nailed down!

THanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.