Marcum firmware update 4.07 and 2.31 available!

• holmsvc
    SE ND

So was there any feedback on the issues? I’d like to update, but not looking to deal with issues.

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

So was there any feedback on the issues? I’d like to update, but not looking to deal with issues.

I emailed marcum 2 days ago regarding the lx9, so far crickets.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

The new update made major changes to the sensitivity, where you previously needed 6 color and high sensitivity to see smaller jigs you now may only need 3 color and lower sensitivity have you tried playing with those options? As for Dynamic depth, I personally usually don’t use it because I fish uneven structure often. The advantage of having different modes is that you can change them to work best for you in your current situation. With my Vex I have to turn the nob to the 120 depth setting in 40fow because the 60ft setting has too much interference and picks up random invisible targets and the only thing I can change is the gain. My lx 6 in the same hole is crystal clear and I see my bait and only real baitfish or fish on the screen.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well…I was able to reproduce the issue with the top left of the flasher dial….but only in simulater mode..
    I used the dynamic on the ice in 15ft of water and it did not show this…granted,I was not able to try deeper…but had no issues in flasher mode (which is the only one I use).
    When I have the chance to go to deeper water I’ll try it again.

holmsvc
    SE ND

Any new feedback?

Marcum12

I had a chance to try the my LX-7 with the new update installed yesterday and it worked great! The bottom marks did flash and I did get the black triangle when I first put transducer in the water and I thought, “Great that didn’t work” But it cleared up right away. so I tried the graph mode as I had the lines flickering quite a bit before update. Enough that I changed it to verticle. The lines never flickered a bit. My sensitivity had to be set at 2, 1 was to low and 3 gave me alot of clutter. I was in 18 ft of water using a small jig and plastic. I had it on 6 color mode. I tried the manual dynamic and got the black triangle in botom reading only while changing the depth. After that it worked great.

rip n flutter
    north saskatchewan

what kind of a answer is that. i thought that the six color was one of marcums best features they advertised. the abillity to see the weaker signals in blue (smaller targets).as for the dynamic depth that was also another selling feature. so your telling me to use a different range mode or color mode because the ones you described don’t work right with the new 4.07. are consumers supposed to be ok with that.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

what kind of a answer is that. i thought that the six color was one of marcums best features they advertised. the abillity to see the weaker signals in blue (smaller targets).as for the dynamic depth that was also another selling feature. so your telling me to use a different range mode or color mode because the ones you described don’t work right with the new 4.07. are consumers supposed to be ok with that.

I’m not speaking on behalf of Marcum, I am just reporting my experiences with the digital units. I am not by any means saying the different modes don’t work, I was simply saying that with all the options the unit has, if one mode is getting upset by a certain circumstance you can make changes through the settings and fix it so it works clearly. I was using dynamic depth all day today and it worked just fine, so did the 6 color mode when I was fishing for rainbows. When we made the switch to the lake trout lake nearby I switched to 3 color mode because 6 color was picking up the ice on my line. All in all I was very satisfied with how the unit worked.

Marcum12

I was also satisfied on the performance of my lx-7. I will have a better idea of how I like it the first week of February as we are going up north and I will be fishing deeper water. I have only had a chance to use it in water up to 18ft.

LateSeason
    NULL

I wish I still had the 3. whatever file I replaced. Having issues with the 4.07 upgrade. I recorded this video today showing my issues.

http://youtu.be/vU5UqOJQwVk

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.