Marcum firmware update 4.07 and 2.31 available!

• walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

So are people doing this update. Anyone find any issues with it? It sounds like its going to fix some nice stuff on the LX7.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Awesome!

DRH1175

I see they added a manual dynamic, that is great! Added a 6 color display in addition to the the 2 previous 3 colors they had before. and a transducer offset. The Manual dynamic is what I love the best!

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

On the list of changes for this update they Marcum states. Can someone explain this (see below)

Transducer offset added in one-inch increments. ??

Looking forward to using the update on my LX7

DRH1175

That would be for how far you have your transducer down. If you had it down 2’to get below the ice you could add a 24″ offset and then get the actual depth. The manual Dynamic depth lets you manually set the depth scale to the foot for the best use of the round dial or Vertical display if that is what you use! Awesome in my opinion.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

That would be for how far you have your transducer down. If you had it down 2’to get below the ice you could add a 24″ offset and then get the actual depth. The manual Dynamic depth lets you manually set the depth scale to the foot for the best use of the round dial or Vertical display if that is what you use! Awesome in my opinion.

Very Cool!
    Thanks

llong

hopefully this clears up the digital read out jumping around while sitting in the same hole. Was fishing saturday night in 6ft of water and the read out would jump to 11ft, 6ft, 6.2, 6.3. This was in manual set at 10ft. I switched over to dynamic and then the whole screen would start jumping around. hopefully this clears up them issues. I still will not go back to a mechanical. had my dad and his vexilar in the house with me, Holy snikees are they loud!!

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

hopefully this clears up the digital read out jumping around while sitting in the same hole. Was fishing saturday night in 6ft of water and the read out would jump to 11ft, 6ft, 6.2, 6.3. This was in manual set at 10ft. I switched over to dynamic and then the whole screen would start jumping around. hopefully this clears up them issues. I still will not go back to a mechanical. had my dad and his vexilar in the house with me, Holy snikees are they loud!!

Had the same thing happen yesterday with my sons LX6 and it was quit annoying to say the least. But he had it set on dynamic so i put it on the 20 ft mode and it helped alot. Cant wait to upgrade my LX7 and try it!

rouser

Quote:

Hopefully 4.07 fixes this, I was given 4.06 from Marcum support to resolve another issue I was having… was running into the same jumping around with 4.06

castle-rock-clown

Just installed 2.31 in my LX9 and have jumping and pausing in dynamic mode, other modes seem OK, will try on water tomorrow.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Quote:

Quote:

Had the same thing happen yesterday with my sons LX6 and it was quit annoying to say the least. But he had it set on dynamic so i put it on the 20 ft mode and it helped alot. Cant wait to upgrade my LX7 and try it!

Same problem with my LX6 in dynamic mode. When I set mine to 10ft it pretty much eliminated the issue. What is the new update for the LX6? Hopefully the update will help this problem.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Sorry for your inconvenience that I may have caused most of you while pulling out my record trophy and then releasing it!

Just trying to help you to understand the elevation shift.

fisherman-andy

I am hearing or seeing some very mix results with the new updates.

Some users are experiencing issues with gain sensitivity to where it renders it useless. The marks on screen are flashing or showing up alot of interference even on low gains.

The choppy hiccups on chart display in dynamic mode is a known issue as well as the missing chunk or pixelated graphical display of the upper left corner of round flasher.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m a bit confused with the issues described with the dynamic mode. My lx9 will “jump” once in a while when the bottom is an inconsistent depth. To me that makes sense when a sonar reads humps that are a foot high across a 15′ wide cone. Is this only showing up in the 7 or 6?

llong

This happens in the same hole. 6ft of water. I won’t touch the thing at the depth jumps. At 6ft I have a 2FT cone. The lake only goes to 7ft max depth

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Some users are experiencing issues with gain sensitivity to where it Should’ve it useless. The marks on screen are flashing or showing up alot of interference even on low gains.

The choppy hiccups on chart display in dynamic mode is a known issue as well as the missing chunk or pixelated graphical display of the upper left corner of round flasher.

Well I’m glad I am happy with the way my LX-7 is working and can wait and seea how this new version plays out.

Andy maybe it’s just the way I perceive your posts but are you looking for this version to succeed or fail?

fisherman-andy

Quote:

Quote:

Some users are experiencing issues with gain sensitivity to where it Should’ve it useless. The marks on screen are flashing or showing up alot of interference even on low gains.

Well I’m glad I am happy with the way my LX-7 is working and can wait and seea how this new version plays out.

Andy maybe it’s just the way I perceive your posts but are you looking for this version to succeed or fail?

Why would I look for it to fail?

I am simply reporting what I see from other users or my own experience. I own both an LX6 and LX7. And have invested $$$ for other Marcum sonars over the years. As with any Marcum owner I want this to succeed as much as it can. But I cant help ignore the faults and issue plaguing owners. Possibly enough to push them away to the competitors.

fisherman-andy

Here’s a video of a digital Marcum after the update was performed. Gain sensitivity is at 2 and switching to 3 you notice how bad the interference or display becomes after just 1 increment change, you will see this in the video. And yes this unit has been in to Marcum and the update was performed by Marcum, unit tested for issues also before being returned. Its going back to Marcum again. This Marcum sonar was working just fine on 3.17 before the update if your wondering about defective hardware. A factory reset was performed and the issue seems less apparent but is still occurring.

(Understand that not everyone is having the same issue, this is just an example of an issue with the new software that someone is experiencing after the update. Not ruling out a possible a hardware issue that may have occurred after the update)

Click link to view video:

Marcum flashing

fisherman-andy

Here is a video example of chart display freezing or hiccuping during dynamic range, this issue did not exist prior to 4.06 or 4.07:

dynamic chart hiccups

Here is a video example of graphic loss during flasher display on dynamic range, this issue existed in 3.17, is still existent in 4.07.

flasher display loss

Also some LX9 users are experiencing up to 10 sec black screen delays during powering on their units. This could be due to the software changes but the previous software did not do this.

fisherman-andy

Quote:

I’m a bit confused with the issues described with the dynamic mode. My lx9 will “jump” once in a while when the bottom is an inconsistent depth. To me that makes sense when a sonar reads humps that are a foot high across a 15′ wide cone. Is this only showing up in the 7 or 6?

It doesnt always do this, but does happen frequently enough in dynamic mode. As you said and I suspect it is related to inconsistent depth and bottom structure read. Depending of the bottom read it can become unbearable unless you swap over to auto or manual as the screen and depth jumps constantly. Next time it does this I will see if I can get a video capture.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Just curious Andy,and by no means is this a smart-butt question,just a question..
    Have you been in contact with,and shown these issues to Marcum?

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Here’s a video of a digital Marcum after the update was performed. Gain sensitivity is at 2 and switching to 3 you notice how bad the interference or display becomes after just 1 increment change, you will see this in the video. And yes this unit has been in to Marcum and the update was
    performed by Marcum, unit tested for issues also before being returned. Its going back to Marcum again. This Marcum sonar was working just fine on 3.17 before the update if your wondering about defective hardware. A factory reset was performed and the issue seems less apparent but is still occurring.

(Understand that not everyone is having the same issue, this is just an example of an issue with the new software that someone is experiencing after the update. Not ruling out a possible a hardware issue that may have occurred after the update)

Click link to view video:
    Marcum flashing

Andy
    Thanks for the video. I was having the same issue as this video last Sunday. I was running 3.17 but have never experienced it before. I did not think to shoot a video with my phone. But I noticed the interference like blue lines only at the bottom 5-8 feet while I was in 33 feet of water.
    But this is the only time I have seen it. So I just wrote it off as a fluke.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Here is a video example of graphic loss during flasher display on dynamic range, this issue existed in 3.17, is still existent in 4.07.
    Andy
    I get this too from time to time and it is a little annoying while running 3.17

flasher display loss

Also some LX9 users are experiencing up to 10 sec black screen delays during powering on their units. This could be due to the software changes but the previous software did not do this.

fisherman-andy

Quote:

Just curious Andy,and by no means is this a smart-butt question,just a question..
    Have you been in contact with,and shown these issues to Marcum?

Marcum is aware of these issues. Being that im very lenient guy when it comes to software updates and patches I have a patience for such issue since I work in the IT industry and understand. However others may see this as a reason to not go Marcum or stay away from the digital sonars till it matures.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

After seeing your video. Yeah that would get really annoying.

shamus
    Inactive

Quote:

However others may see this as a reason to not go Marcum or stay away from the digital sonars till it matures.

Yep, after reading more about the issues and now seeing video of the problems they have I’ve decided to stick with the LX5 for a while longer. I don’t have the patience for that stuff, waiting for updates/fixes. If it doesn’t work right of the box then I don’t want it.

evobassfish

Sounds like the new update sounds great on paper with the addition of new functionality options but I’m thinking I’m just gonna have to sit this one out, at least until I see more feedback from other people. I’m currently on v3.17 btw.

castle-rock-clown

Just got off the water and the newest update for the lx9 has deffinate issues in dynamic range mode. It stalls, jumps and flickers. I haven’t tested the camera side…yet. Other range options seem to perform adequately.

jld
    Holmen

I am glad I haven’t found the time to run this update yet for my 6. Machine has been running very nice to this point so no need in my opinion to make changes if there may be issues. Keep us posted as to what you hear.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.