So THAT’S Why I Don’t Catch Big Fish!!!!

• icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Wow glad I know that, now I can get me a Vex and catch the big ones!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sounds plausible and concerning to me. I’ll investigate at LOTW this weekend. I would be more surprised if they said mature fish couldn’t sense it and shy away some. Especially on hard bottom.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s a fine theory but I am dissappointed in the effort for research and complete lack of facts.

I’m a vex owner and always catch bigger fish than the marcum owners. But that’s because of the way I wiggle my worm.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I have no horse in the race, but God forbid anyone badmouth Marcum around here!

Dan0068

First off i am a huge Marcum showdown supporter… I think that is a crock of crap and nothing but a slam from vexilar because they are down in sales over Marcum..We caught a 31.5 and 4 over 25 in last year, and 2 over 28 and a 25 in this year on lotw…SO to vexilar…SUURE they dont work…

fisherman-andy

Quote:

Sourced from the article at: http://www.fishexplorer.com/articles.asp?action=det&aid=29

About the author:

Nathan Zelinsky is a full time professional walleye angler. He has fished the MWC along with many other tournaments. Besides tournament fishing Nathan is owner/operator of Tightline Outdoors guide service which is an all species guide service, fishing for Walleye, Smallmouth Bass,Northern Pike, Trout, Catfish, Carp, Perch, Tiger Muskie, Kokanee Salmon and Wiper. Nathan spends around 300 days a year on the water or ice. Nathan also runs a Ice Fishing School in the winter months. He is a frequent guest on ESPN Outdoots with Terry Wickstrom and also appears frequently on Angling Adventures, Fishful Thinker and Lip’em & Rip’em. Nathan is also a member of ICE TEAM. Nathan is sponsored by Lund Boats, Mercury Marine, JR’s Tackle, Interstate Batteries, JIffy Augers, Berkley, Fenwick, Phlueger, White Caps, Crowly Marine, Replicas INC, The Sign Guys and Gal, Ice Armor, Clam, Vexilar, Mr. Heater, Ice Team, Blue Quill Angler, Todays Tackle and Line-X.

Looking at the above info highlighted in bold red and black about the author tells the whole story…

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

Darn it! My Marcum must not be working. It isn’t putting out enough power as advertised because it certainly is not scaring the fish away like that article says.

robby
    Quad Cities

I’m a Vexilar guy, but WOW. Lmao

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Keep in mind this is written as his opinion and that’s it.

With that said if I had the same experience he did by switching locators I’d probably believe it too. I’m not sure how you prove this true or false?

I own a Hummingbird ICE55, Vexilar FL18, and a Marcum LX5. I have likes and dislikes but I can’t say one catches more fish than another

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

It’s on the internet it has to be true!!!!

I’m also the smartest man in the world, or was it richest?

Heck I don’t remember, hand me a Dos Equis

rip n flutter
    north saskatchewan

i guess the bigger walleye up here in saskatchewan did not get the memo.lol no problems here with 20″to 30″ walleyes with the lx7.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My 15 horse Merc scared less fish then my 90.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

i guess the bigger walleye up here in saskatchewan did not get the memo.lol no problems here with 20″to 30″ walleyes with the lx7.

Just think of all the 40″ers you would have caught if you were using a Vex.

brad-o
    Mankato

That was a funny read I am glad he did not pick on my bird

Ekez

Leave it to the expert to come up with that one. All I can say is WOW.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Thats too funny! My LX7 works just great for the big ones!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I wish I could scare fish, that would mean I found them!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I read somewhere that the vibes Marcums give out actually attract the big ones… Good-Good-Good–Good Vibrations

logan newberg
    wisconsin

Thanks for sharing that Im always down for a laugh

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I guess I jinxed my son for buying a MarCum, he probably would have got some 30″+ eyes if I only would have stayed with my vex.

Sorry I doubled up the pic with the tip up in the back ground thought I had the second pic that also had a tip up in the background.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

I read somewhere that the vibes Marcums give out actually attract the big ones… Good-Good-Good–Good Vibrations

Are you sure you weren’t reading about the Hitachi massager?

riverbottoms

Chevy’s Fords Apples and Oranges Whatever….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.