TUCR Noodle or Qt

• DrakeRoth22
    NULL

So Ive been watching a lot of the IDO videos and Ive been listening to the rods they have been using and i want to buy a new rod but im not sure which one to get.. I fish mainly for bluegill, Crappie, and perch. I often hook up with small to medium size walleye and bass maybe once or twice a time out. Right now i fish with a light action cheep scheels rod with a spring bobber and it works alright but i fish with anything from 1/64 oz jigs to 1/16 spoons.. Can anyone that has either of these rods share they preference and how they like the rod.

Thanks, Drake

jld
    Holmen

I can’t speak on the QT but fished with a Precision last year for gills, crappie and perch with great results. Added a Noodle this year and my Precision does not get much work unless I am fishing heavier spoons now. The Noodle is a fantastic rod for those light bite crappies especially on the up bite with more than enough backbone to land that occasional 15″ walleye. I am fishing a lot more plastics this year with more confidence with my Noodle also.

DrakeRoth22
    NULL

Thanks for the response i was just wondering.. if a small spoon or little bit bigger jig would be to weighed down? maybe im over thinking it.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

The best solution would be one of each, but honestly it sounds like you would get more use out of the noodle.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I had a Noodle made by B&B Custom Rods. I had them cut a little off of the tip so it wasn’t quite as soft as a normal noodle. I then added a homemade Spring bobber that looks a lot like one made by Rod Company in Park Falls WI.

I think this gives me the best all around rod, I can adjust the spring to handle all kinds of different weight jigs and if I need I can bypass the spring bobber when using heavier spoons.

Here are a few pics with the same jig and the spring moved to show how it changes. This is a large and heavy Crappie Jig.

Michelle1969
    NULL

I love my QT but for how you are fishing I would take the noodle. To throw another rod out there look at the DH Al Dente rod, thats the noodle I use.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

I also recommend the TUCR Noodle for your fishing. The rods are good and I recommend them. Order them now I know you probally want to try them out this year yet.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

IMO everyone is different. I personally like to feel my bites and I fish outside quite a bit so I love the Quick Tip. The Precision noodle is a very nice rod as well I just don’t fish that way for panfish.

I took out two guys last weekend, one loved to feel the bites and the other just wanted to watch the tip. Both styles work great just make sure you get the rod that fits your preferred style.

Quick Tip = Feel the Bites
    Precision Noodle = Watch the Bites

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

IMO everyone is different.

Joe has a great point here!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I have both and to me it comes down to one question – Do you expect to fish more with a small spoon or with tiny panfish jigs? If you answer spoon then I would lean towards the QT or if you answer tiny jig I would lean towards the Noodle… That said you’re going to be ecstatic with your choice of either rod

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

IMO everyone is different. I personally like to feel my bites and I fish outside quite a bit so I love the Quick Tip. The Precision noodle is a very nice rod as well I just don’t fish that way for panfish.

I took out two guys last weekend, one loved to feel the bites and the other just wanted to watch the tip. Both styles work great just make sure you get the rod that fits your preferred style.

Summed up perfectly, that’s my thought on them as well. Good luck with whichever route you take!

Joel

tucrs
    NW Metro

Wow everyone has it right, Noodle is sight, QT is feel.

Thank you.

Let me know if we missed any questions.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Agree
    I purchased my first custom rod last year a TUCR Precision Noodle Love it. From what I interpret the Noodle would be the rod for you. But you will want a QT too eventually.

last Ice Fishing Show I went in with the intention to buy only 1 more custom rod. Could not decide btw the QT or Power Precision. I bought the QT. As I was walking the show I was saying man I liked that PP too. Before I left the show I walked out with a PP too. And there was absolutely no pressure from TUCR to buy two. I use them all in the right place. Adam and his crew were very helpful explaining each rod and its application. I intend to buy more. I did not know what I was missing.
    Bob

Egts

Drake,
    I had the last eye (tip of rod) on my QT wrapped with neon green thread. While it is a feel rod this helps with tip watching. I’m still a noodle guy, but am working on becoming a feel guy. The neon wrap seems to be helping me on my transition. I feel the QT is the most versital rod across a wide variety of fishing in my arsenal. But as others have said you won’t go wrong with either. Good luck.

clo22x
    MN

its exactly as said above. Noodle = sight QT = feel. I just got the noodle about 2-3 weeks ago from TUC rods. I’ve been out 4 times using it and let me say, I didnt know what I have been missing my whole life. The noodle rod is awesome for seeing those light panfish bites. I feel it also has a nice solid backbone. I would definately recommend this rod or any of the TUC rods to anyone. Can’t beat their customer service and their warranty! Thinking about a adding a QT to my arsenal as well.

renegadewalleye

I got the quick tip 3 weeks ago and love it for those big Devil’s Lake jumbo. It can also handle the pike also. But I am going to buy the noodle also for pan fish just to mix things up. You can fish walleyes an caught them but I would like a change.

gandercommander

The noodle is a more finer rod perfect for those finiky gills and can land a northern if the case both rods have an amazing backbone but if you’d do crappys I’d probably go with a qt just for the sinlmole fact its not as super sensitive as the noodle both rods are amazing up for you to decide

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.