Need a taxidermist…look

• Dan0068

Hey guys just got back from LOTW caught 2 over 28in in 2 hours in the same hole…so i’m going to mount them..who is a good taxidermist?? I live in White Bear…Thanks so much

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

get a hold of IDO member Jack Naylor
    he has done some fish for me and mt bro-in law
    great work

jlynchminn
    Rochester, MN

I’d be careful with your post. MN regulations for LOTW clearly state only one walleye over 28 inches total length may be possessed.

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Quote:

I’d be careful with your post. MN regulations for LOTW clearly state only one walleye over 28 inches total length may be possessed.

Was thinking the same thing then I remembered that Minnesota allows “Party Fishing” so I’m pretty sure he is good to go unless he was fishing alone.

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Find a good taxidermist and they’ll look great on the wall. That is an incredible fishery up there. Nice Catch!

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

One or both may have been released. He might be looking for replicas?

Artistic Anglers does very nice work. Check them out at the upcoming sports shows! They run great specials.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

X2 on Artistic Anglers

Dan0068

They both are swimming…never would keep one that big….Replicas…should have posted that…Sorry guys

dld24

x3 on Artistic Anglers, I just got my smallmouth mount back from them and love it…

DGlynn
    Madison, WI

Fittante makes the best replicas I’ve seen. They all go to the musky shows and have tons of replicas (not just musky either). I’d go LAX second and AA third. I’d wait a couple of months and check them out in person before spending that much money. Better to be happy with your purchase. With 56 inches of fish, you’re close to a grand with driftwood.

Aaron “Chico” Rodriguez
    Forest Lake, MN

not sure if you made a sure taxidermist decision yet… but I’d say take a drive to Prescott, WI and check out the work Scott Miller does… plenty of people that will do it but I’d never trust a fish w/ anybody but Scott now. Simply Amazing details and colors just like it came out of the hole!
    here’s his number (715) 262-5315 address: 135 Broad Street Prescott, WI 54021

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Not to take anything away from any of the other mentions here, but I’ve always seen nothing but good replicas from Artistic Anglers (x4) They have done a lot of work for us at Timber Trail and the fish look like they just came out of the water after being on the wall for 6 years!

*Edit: By the way awesome fish man, and good on you for putting them back in, now you can catch them both again when they’re over 30″!

timmy

In 1997, I had a very large fish done by artistic anglers and when I got it, I was amazed at how big and real it looked…… After a month or two, I started questioning how big it looked and finally put a tape to it. It was 4″ longer than what I caught! I called the owner and informed him of it. His response was, “I didn’t have a form that size, and I didn’t think you’d mind”. After telling him I wanted my cash back, and him flat out refusing, let’s suffice it to say that I got my cash back and I am no longer on his friends list. It ranks at the top of my worst consumer experiences I have ever had.

I have heard nothing but great reviews of his work, and that I can not deny, but personally, I would not have him do a replica for me even if it was free. As a person of integrity, I hold him in very, very low regards.

T

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Quote:

not sure if you made a sure taxidermist decision yet… but I’d say take a drive to Prescott, WI and check out the work Scott Miller does… plenty of people that will do it but I’d never trust a fish w/ anybody but Scott now. Simply Amazing details and colors just like it came out of the hole!
    here’s his number (715) 262-5315 address: 135 Broad Street
    Prescott, WI 54021

X2 — Scott is awesome. He did the one in my cabin that I caught on the Rainy River a few years ago. Could not look better. My brother in law and his friend have used Scott several times.
    Does great work!

KP
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

here’s his number (715) 262-5315 address: 135 Broad Street

Prescott, WI 54021

X2 — Scott is awesome. He did the one in my cabin that I caught on the Rainy River a few years ago. Could not look better. My brother in law and his friend have used Scott several times.
    Does great work!

X3 Scott does amazing work! He did my Walleye that’s in my profile picture. He also does some great wood carvings of fish as well.

Dan0068

Hey Thanks a lot guys for all the information to mount my fish.This is such a great website. Just talked with Scott…Going with him in March..Going to LOTW again in March might get another one If i do anyone know of a good jeweler to bribe wife…

DAN

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Give Mike at Fibertech in Nisswa a shot at doing your replica mount also. Most learned from him…

http://www.fibertechproductions.com/

His turn around time is much better/faster than the rest.
    I have had all my guiding clients mounts done there for many years and never have been failed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.