Marcum Lx 7 Picking Up Jig

• d21arren

I was out this past weekend fishing for crappie in about 15ft of water. I brought my Lx7 out for the first time in this depth as I have been using it in around 7-8 depths. I was using a #10 jig with red spikes as that is what I have used before in this spot. When I would drop the bait down, it would mark all the way up to around 12ft and then dissapear beyond that. It would occasionally flicker while jigging, but nothing steady. I had adjusted the sensitivity all the way up to 25 and the same thing. I do not believe there was any current that was carrying my jig out of the cone angle. Has anyone had any issues with this on their Lx7.

Ekez

This happens to me as well with my lx-6 every now and then. I just end up putting on a number 10 tungsten jig with a big ratso. Shows up everytime. And if the fish don’t bite that I down size until they do. Sometimes it’s almost like the dang thing has to warm up and see bigger jigs to start showing up the small ones. I don’t know if that makes any sence but that’s all I can give ya. Good luck. And don’t be afraid to mess with target seperation and max ping.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Wouldn’t hurt to make sure your transducer is below the ice. I have had similar issues with Lx-3. Sometimes just moving the transducer around the hole will make a difference.

duke.harbaugh

Quote:

Wouldn’t hurt to make sure your transducer is below the ice.

This doesnt need to be done.. .

d21arren

the ducer is below the ice and I was running the red, green, and yellow color scheme.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

the ducer is below the ice and I was running the red, green, and yellow color scheme.

Go with the 6 color and check out the difference…

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

6 color, target 1-2, Sens 2-4. If you need anymore than that there is something wrong. James posted something a while back explaining how the 6 color works and how it’s 50% for powerful with picking things up. Once you switch, you won’t want to go back.

Walleye-Willie
    Minnesota

True that go to color palette R-O-Y-LG-G-B
    Dont run your transducer below your hole
    About half way down.
    Small jigs will be no problem adjust your target adjust and have fun.

tenchi

I run a lx9 and I see the same problem. When I turn it to the 6 color..I have a clearer reading but my sensitivity is way up. I’m using a 1/8 oz frosty spoon…my brothers lx 7 seems to read a bit better..at lower setting…for me its hard to fish on the three color at 22 fow….at least on that lake…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.