Spoon Box

• BBKK
    IA

So what do you guys like for spoon boxes? I’ve made my own by adding foam to a 3701 and that works but I want to downsize what I’m carrying onto the ice. Right now I have my most used lures concentrated to one 3701 and now that I’ve fallen in love with spoons I’d like to set up a couple boxes just for them.

I would like to use the smaller boxes and have one for demon spoons, one for slender spoons, one for VMC, and one for “others”. I saw the rose creek ones but DARN those are expensive. I’d have more money in the box than the baits inside it! Not to mention I can’t drop $80 on boxes right now. So anyone have a recommendation for me, or should I just pick up a rose creek every couple weeks until I have my needs covered?

Panfish sized spoons if that matters. 1/16.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I get boxes from a friend who works in cardiac surgery and who brings me plastic boxes that implantable defibrillators come in. They are about 7″ tall and 5 inches wide and just over an inch thick. I glue strips of 1/2″ square foam stripping in each side to stick hooks in and then lay a sheet of 1/2″ foam cut to the inside dimensions between the top and bottom halves. When the spoons are in place on the strips of foam the pad between acts as a buffer and helps keep them in place.

I’ll try to get a picture up tomorrow.

BBKK
    IA

Any problems with the cheap plastic cracking in the cold? I had a box like that once and it spider cracked when I dropped it into an empty bucket. oops

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

None yet, I keep it in my pocket all the time though.

DGlynn
    Madison, WI

I use a Rose Creek Spoon Box. No more chipped paint or tangled hooks.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

I use a Rose Creek Spoon Box. No more chipped paint or tangled hooks.

x3 well worth the $$$

Walleye-Willie
    Minnesota

I just recently bought a spoon box from the walleye tackle store online the Amish spoon caddy.
    It is awesome and pretty cheep holds up to 60 spoons highly recommend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.