GPS Problem

• dld24

So the other day I was out fishing and I was going to look at my GPS to find a spot for midday, so I turned it on and waited for it to get service and when I grabbed it again to look all my waypoints were gone…Needless to say I was not very happy, it was like it factory reset or something…Has anyone had this happen and was able to recover your points??? I have a Garmin Oregon 450, first problem I ever had…Any input would be appreciated

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I can’t offer any help and am Sure you are livid right now but a suggestion I give to all is
    Always back up your way points to an SD card other other form of saving. One nevers knows.
    Hope this works out for you!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I have a 450 also but I purchased my Upper Midwest maps on CD and are on my laptop with the waypoints. This way I am able to view possible areas to fish, save my waypoints to the GPS and my laptop. Although you can still save your waypoints to your PC or laptop with just the map that comes with Mapsource or Basecamp. One thing you might try is to see if you may have changed profiles to one that does not have the waypoints you use for fishing. Good luck…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.