Ice fishing pranks

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

We’re taking the annual ice fishing trip up north in a few weeks. Does anyone have any good pranks I can pull on my buddies???

drew-evans
    rochester MN

The classic beer can fish….. If you are bobber fishing, when they leave quick real there Line up and hook a beer can on it fill it with water and send it down the hole….. It will pull the bobber down and when they return they will get super excited set the hook and proseede to fight a beer can to the suffice.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

The classic beer can fish….. If you are bobber fishing, when they leave quick real there Line up and hook a beer can on it fill it with water and send it down the hole….. It will pull the bobber down and when they return they will get super excited set the hook and proseede to fight a beer can to the suffice.

We used to get squid from a seafood place and do this with it. Really made first timers squeal.

tr
    Plymouth

X2 that is a classic, I had it done to me but only once.

stevenoak

I got a full size “goose suit” {coveralls with a hood} on clearance one year. Took it on a trip duck hunting North Dakota. Two younger guys went to the tavern till about 2:00 am. When I woke them at 4:30, the first thing they saw was a 225# goose standing in the hallway. One of them about put a new door in the place. Best $20 I ever spent. One guy I deer hunt with could write a book of them!

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Quote:

..Sorry I don’t drink beer. So I use a Qrt. bottle of EJ Brandy. With water in it NOT the EJ.! One time yrs. back on Pepin I did that with a Gallon Water Jug. The guy set the hook and started pulling it up out of 20-fow and his line broke.! He was pi$%# about the BIG FISH that got away. I told him it probably was a BIG WALLEYE. Oh Ya I didn’t tell him what it was for 2 yrs. Now he was pi$%$ TWICE.! Lol. …rrr …

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Get a plastic cover from a one pound coffee can. Poke two small holes in the middle about 1/4″ apart. Loop some soft wire thru the holes and twist closed after doing a double loop thru the holes making sure you have enough room between the loops and lid to slip a hook under. Now poke a couple holes opposite each other on the very edge of the covers rim and use a short length of the wire to tie in a small bass-type sinker at each hole.

While whoever is away from his rod just reel it up and run his hook under the center loop. Drop in. The weights help sink it quickly. When it is reeled up the cover will flap like a sting ray and cause the cover to run in circle. The harder they reel, the more the crazy gets.les while putting some real animation into it.

If you’re doing this in close confines, make sure all other lines are reeled up to just under the ice. this will take off in all sorts of directions and the idea is to amuse, not create work.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Auger a hole, but only far enough that the point of the auger breaks thru and fills the hole up with water. Have your buddy (victim) try to get his bait down it.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

If you have tip ups out tie mono to the flag and give it a gentle pull when the time is right. This has never happened to me

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

True? story around here with the old timers goes like this. 3 old friends went out to a local crappie hotspot 3-4 times a week. For the past few weeks Harold’s hole had been producing more fish than the other 2 combined. So one morning Bill and Dick got to the lake an hour earlier than Harry and shoved a stovepipe the length of the water column down his hole. It took Harold 4 days to figure out why he couldn’t catch a fish.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Clip a depth bomb on the line below the bobber and let it slide down to the hook. If you time it right the person might turn around just in time to see the bobber go down.

big_g
    Isle, MN

a hooked cooked sausage really puts up a he77 of a fight too on a noodle rod…

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

Tape a any small round object to the bottom of there transducer they will mess with there graph forever trying to figure out why it shows no water

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

This is some really great stuff here…gotta try one of these on my brother…

Ries
    Eau Claire, WI

SCUBA club in college used to cut a large hole at night in the local hot spot and cover with a large tent. Next day when others came to fish they would dive and grab lures with a pliers. Most often, the “fish” got away or broke the line. Occationally, however, when a pole was seen unattended, the entire cheap pole went down the hole! Funny to watch the reactions and retelling of the “big one that got away”.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Best I’ve ever been a part of:

-For first timers, on a big lake where the ice really makes some noise or where there’s vehicles….have the other guys in on it, so the first big rumble, everyone scramble and lay on the ice yelling “distribute your weight!!!” Start bear crawling to shore. Had a buddy from Florida that literally thought he was going to die. When he crawled closer we told him to keep his distance or we were all going down….I think that’s what put him over the edge.

-Small bb or pellet handgun. Sit outside and shoot the tip-up flag off the post of your buddy’s tip-ups.

-Stayed on-shore once in a multi-room cabin. New guy arrived last and got every alarm in the place in his room, hidden, set to go off at one hour intervals throughout the night. Hidden in dressers, under beds, in the closet, all over the place. That was a good one!

Joel

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Remind me to never go on a weekend fishing trip with you Joel!

muskielunger

I’ve done the pellet gun thing before with tip ups. Hilarious!
    When someone leaves the house to use the facilities, we unspin the drag on the reel so the next fish they set the hook on just ends up peeling line off the reel and typically ends up in the pole being thrown. pretty funny.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.