Ice fishing suit

• buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I’m looking for a deal on a 2 XL ice suit looking for some input staying warm isn’t a problem so far looking for some what warm 100% water proof I’ve heard good things about striker and the frabill suites don’t want a bulky suit

HowesFishing
    Kalispell, MT

Striker…warm, dry, several insulation and material options to choose from, you can mix sizes (buy coat and bib separately) the inseams adjust,so you get the right fit AND they float. For the money, you just can’t do any better.

I love the Predator suit. Lightest insulation, soft material so you don’t feel like you are wearing a box but super warm. Go try them all, they make like a dozen color/material/insulation combos, you will find the right suit.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Quote:

Striker…warm, dry, several insulation and material options to choose from, you can mix sizes (buy coat and bib separately) the inseams adjust,so you get the right fit AND they float. For the money, you just can’t do any better.

I love the Predator suit. Lightest insulation, soft material so you don’t feel like you are wearing a box but super warm. Go try them all, they make like a dozen color/material/insulation combos, you will find the right suit.

x2. I love my Striker Hardwater. Depending on how much you are willing to spend you can upgrade to the Climate and in the spring the insulation can be zipped out and you can use it as a waterproof outerlayer on the boat.

shaley
    Milford IA

Love my Striker Lite, they make at least 3 different levels of insulated suits should be able to find one you like…

scott19

I know your nowhere near central Mn, but at Prince Bait in Milaca, they are selling suits from Expedition, it’s called the Anorakk suit for $199, and they have L, XL, and XXL only, and if you google the company/suit, they claim its warmer than the Frabill sno suit, and Clam Ultra suit?! I have the Frabill Ice Suit(black), and I don’t think you could get cold in that suit either, but at the price of this Anorakk suit, I think I would try it!! I know the guys at Prince Bait would ship it to you too, they are a top notch outfit!!

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Another vote for Striker Suits. I have the Ice lite from last year and absolutely love it. Warm warm warm. My buddy even made the comment that I am wearing a shanty!

Travisroell
    West Bend, WI

I’ve had a few of the others and striker is by far the best I have owned

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

I have a Striker Lite set of bibs and parka and could not be happier!
    If I had an issue it would be that it is too warm for a “lite” suit. I mainly wore my bibs and they fit great, knees and seat have plenty of padding. All the zippers you could need.
    Check out Korky’s they might still have some on clearance.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Snosuit is the way to go. Just got back from sitting on the ice all afternoon at below zero temps. It was nice out. One of these days it might get cold enough out to need the jacket. They are spendy bibs and jackets but you make up the difference by not needing to spend the money on a fish house.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I see you are from Iowa. Snosuit might be a little warm for down that way. If so just get the bibs and for get the jacket. My jacket only gets used once or twice a winter up here.

Egts

Buzzer, It looks like you are about 1 1/2 hours from Waterloo. Give Hanks Bait and Tackle in Waterloo a call. 319-234-0711. Mike carries a full line of Striker suits. For Iowa I’d recommend Striker’s Predator series or the Climate series. They are both fine for the swinging Iowa weather. They also have some other good snow suits, but living in Iowa I’d recommend a float suit from Striker.

fireline
    Rochester

Quote:

Snosuit is the way to go. Just got back from sitting on the ice all afternoon at below zero temps. It was nice out. One of these days it might get cold enough out to need the jacket. They are spendy bibs and jackets but you make up the difference by not needing to spend the money on a fish house.

X2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.