Black betty 6061

• renegadewalleye

I was wondering how would the black betty 6061 go with a TUC quick tip rod for perch and may be walleyes?

shaley
    Milford IA

Would be a nice set up, I use 3 of then all set up for perch and eyes but on DH and TB rods….QT is on my to get list yet….

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

The TUC QT is the perfect rod for perch, but if you’re fishing with spoons (I usually do for perch/walleyes) you’ll add line twist and lose the advantage of the inline reel so I’d say just go with a spinning reel.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

The TUC QT is the perfect rod for perch, but if you’re fishing with spoons (I usually do for perch/walleyes) you’ll add line twist and lose the advantage of the inline reel so I’d say just go with a spinning reel.

Thought fly reels eliminate line twist…

bronzbak
    Long way from home

The inline reels reduce twist from the line coming off the spool. They will not eliminate the twist created by the lure spinning as spoons do. I however don’t agree with his post anyway. I love the free spool feature because you just press the button and line comes off. Set your spool tension for lure weight and no worries.

Jeff 715
    NULL

Small, high quality swivel really helps.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Thought fly reels eliminate line twist…

Like bronzback said the inline reel eliminates reel induced twist, but fishing a spoon will create lure induced twist. I personally prefer using a spinning reel versus the inline except for small panfish jigs where line twist actually causes them to spin and can turn off panfish. The main reasons I like a spinning reel are better drag and more control reeling in with a higher gear ratio.

If you want to give an inline reel a try I’d recommend checking out the eagle claw for about $30 before dropping the higher price on a 6061. Also, adding a small barrel swivel a couple ft up the line will help keep the spoon twist from getting back into your main line

renegadewalleye

I have used barrel swivel before and the money not a big issue for me. Just try to find a good reel to get down to perch quick in that 20 to 40 foot of water.

Ekez

It’s not an inline real but the Shimano Sedona 500’s are very hard to beat.

shaley
    Milford IA

Quote:

I have used barrel swivel before and the money not a big issue for me. Just try to find a good reel to get down to perch quick in that 20 to 40 foot of water.

6061 works great for this, as fast or faster on the drop than even my Shimanos….

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

If you’re number one criteria is getting down faster with light spoons you will like the inline reel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.