Wow. Marcum rocks!

• shockers
    Rochester

So my VX1 gave out on me a little over a week ago. Sent it in to Marcum last week hoping they could get it back in time for a LOTW trip. Not only did they get it back to me in time, with a new transducer and wiring, but they replaced my old case that had busted! That’s pretty darn cool. I remember mulling over which company to choose from when buying a flasher…well, glad I chose Marcum. They’ve got my business from now on.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s great to hear. Hopefully they aren’t setting the bar too high. Sounds like they went way above and beyond what was expected.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I hear lots of stories of sending in old tired flashers and getting them back like new. That’s going above and beyond expectations Glad I chose Marcum too

jessep1982
    Carver County

Agreed. I got my first flasher last year, the LX3. Still learning how to use it but Marcum is a good company and they are cheaper than the Vex’s

BBKK
    IA

I’ve only had one experience with marcum CS. I had an old gray case for my vx-1. It ripped and tore to the point that it was no good. It was 2 months after my 2 year warranty was up when I called them. I was just asking if I could buy the red soft pack for the vx-1 since it was not listed on their site, only the pack for the lx-3 and lx-5. The lady asked me when I bought it, I could have lied but I said a little over 2 years ago. She said no problem and asked for my address, then said you’ll get the soft pack in a couple days. It was on my door step via UPS the next morning. Free of charge, with expired warranty, without seeing any evidence of the problem.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I wonder if I send in my Showdown, if they’ll return it as a LX-9.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Send? They’re only a few miles from your house. Stop in and make some magic happen.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

It is Christmas time!

jessep1982
    Carver County

What’s a showdown? Sorry.

toyoman

Anyone buy that marcum underwater panning camera a few years back that they discontinued right away and wouldn’t repair? There were many problems with water getting into the camera pod so they gave up on it. Unfortunately, I was a victim of that one…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ran mine through the paces this AM… kinda slow but peaceful, was the only one on the lake I think

shaley
    Milford IA

Quote:

Anyone buy that marcum underwater panning camera a few years back that they discontinued right away and wouldn’t repair? There were many problems with water getting into the camera pod so they gave up on it. Unfortunately, I was a victim of that one…

Different owners at that time, whole company went under, Versa bought the Marcum and Showdown line from Aqua Vu at that time and started over more or less…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Not sure on that one ? Was it different than the cameras they offer now ? I remember when they came out with new cameras, color or B&W and seen both and was impressed.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I believe the last year the VS 500 or VS 560 was sold (under previous ownership) was 2007 or 2008. I could be off a year either way but that sounds about right. It has been a long time since the rotate in the housing cameras have been available.

When the new owners bought MarCum and Showdown they repaired the VS 500 and VS 560 cameras under warranty as if they were originally responsible until replacement parts ran out. Once parts ran out they offered owners of VS 500 and VS 560 cameras trade in allowances for a period of time towards a new LCD system. Again, despite the fact that it was not the new owner’s responsibility to do so.

Not that it matters much but that’s what I know about that.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

What’s a showdown? Sorry.

Digital black and white ice electronics unit that depicts the water column vertically. They’re made by the same company that makes MarCums and the Showdown uses some of the same propriety technology as the MarCums like moveable zoom and the MarCum interference rejection system.

Showdown 5.6 Dual Beam

Baxter black

I really like My Marcum Showdown. I like how quiet it is also. I noticed the new Marcum flashers that are digital are doing basically the same thing. Just more bells and whistles on them, but only at 4800 peak to peak. Has anyone tried or have the new troller 2.0 it seems like a sweet like unit.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

The Showdown Troller 2.0 is the best unit on the market for the money. Marcum customer service is the best I have ever dealt with I bought the Troller when it first year it came out and the buttons didn’t work all the time so sent it in like three time in 2 year and I got upgraded to a 2.0 for free.

Poorboy
    Illinois

Great to read about everyone’s positive experiences hope I don’t have to talk with such great people . Own a VX-1 Pro and an LX-7 and the units been running perfect since day 1. Both still running on original batteries.

Baxter black

Thanks Crappie King for the info on the 2.0 troller. i really appriciate it!
    Also Thanks everyone for this awesome posting about these great units we all are able to enjoy! Merry Christmas!

castle-rock-clown

Boy, think if I either send in some old vex or a humminbird that never quite really worked they would send me back an lx9??? Now that would be customer service.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.