Another Show Request!

• BBKK
    IA

Just a request for upcoming ice shows.. I’d love to see an after-dark crappie show, with some tips on how to catch them after the sun sets. I’m sure there are a lot of people, like me, who turn into complete newbs when the sun sets who would greatly benefit from such a show.

shockers
    Rochester

X2. Great idea.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Just a request for upcoming ice shows.. I’d love to see an after-dark crappie show, with some tips on how to catch them after the sun sets. I’m sure there are a lot of people, like me, who turn into complete newbs when the sun sets who would greatly benefit from such a show.

X3

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

And for those guys who don’t do the ice,maybe an episode you hop into a river pro in the Monticello area and hammer some smallmouth!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Night time Crappies can be a lot of fun, we fish one lake in particular at night for them. We fish in 12-15 ft in cabbage. I never tried jigging since we tend to sit in the truck and watch Tip Downs. Here’s a video, no us but it gives you a good idea. We also rig the Tip Downs with tip up lights that activate when they tip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxUjg5zM8s

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I love this request for a number of reasons. 1 – it would be a challenge to produce given much of it would be filmed in the dark. We like challenges. 2 – My first ice fishing experiences were fishing crappie at night near Faribault, MN.

I’ll see what we can do. A show of this type likely won’t happen right away as most of the crappie bites going right now are still taking place during the day. As we get deeper into the winter that will definitely change with more and more of the activity shifting into the evening hours.

castle-rock-clown

I’ve got a show request. show up at the lake I’m fishing (Castle Rock) the same time I get there (18th of January between 6am and 8am) and get me on the fish including landing a state record walleye… hey it’s Christmas and I still believe in Santa.

a_smith

James, I still fish those Faribault lakes religiously since I’m from Owatonna. There’s a great night bite going on up there right now!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Maybe how some of those fish transition from a day bite to night bite. Seems to me that a lot of my daybite crappies turn off about the time the sun hits the tree tops.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James, I still fish those Faribault lakes religiously since I’m from Owatonna. There’s a great night bite going on up there right now!

If I was to head that way I know just where I’d start on Mazaska.

ntw
    Eastern MT

How about something from a little further west? Fort Peck froze over completely last weekend…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

1 – it would be a challenge to produce given much of it would be filmed in the dark. We like challenges.

James, How about March 30th through April 4th, you get in the boat with me and we do a night time walleye cold water crank’n! Bite starts up about 9pm

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

1 – it would be a challenge to produce given much of it would be filmed in the dark. We like challenges.

James, How about March 30th through April 4th, you get in the boat with me and we do a night time walleye cold water crank’n! Bite starts up about 9pm

Randy, I’ll change my name to James if It means I can go!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Randy, I’ll change my name to James if It means I can go!

You and the others that sent a PM offering to do the same thing

DGlynn
    Madison, WI

I think it’s time for another Mississippi River backwater show.

edit: Lake Mendota will be safe for ATVs in about a week. If you would like to have a show on super deep (70 fow) perch fishing, I’d take you out. Using Mendota sinker rigs for perch is something unique to this area.

BBKK
    IA

Wow 70 feet? How do the fish even survive that?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Jerk’n baby perch off the bottom of 60 to 70 fow is death. The big perch suspend and the fun is in chasing the schools.
    Typical mendota perch

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Back in the day(mid 80’s) we looked for Perch in 60 to 70ft all the time on Green Bay….

They were big enough where they were not gonna survive anyway…
    They were destined for a hot grease bath

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

The Mendota perch bite sounds interesting. So does something on Winnebago!

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

How about chasing walleye/sauger on the Mississippi through the ice? Plenty of areas the fish could be, and this year with early ice, there is plenty of good ice out there to fish. I have many backwater sloughs that I am dying to try, but where to start? Where do these fish go (in a river system) during the winter? I have pulled some 7 lb. plus fish trolling backwaters in late November, but have yet to pull any “big” fish through the ice. Pools 5, 5a, are my home.
    James! I need your help!

DGlynn
    Madison, WI

Quote:

They usually don’t.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.