Ice Fishing Rods

• Bailey Pierquet
    NULL

Im looking for a new ice rod that is good for fighting pan fish but can also handle pike. Any suggestions on what i should get?

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

Im looking for a new ice rod that is good for fighting pan fish but can also handle pike. Any suggestions on what i should get?

I think you just pretty much summed up what the Tuned Up Precision Quick tip is meant to do…. Has a light enough tip to have the sensitivity to fish a panfish but with plenty of backbone to handle bigger fish such as walleyes and pike

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

x2 on what Will said

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I own two TUCR Quick Tips.. One 32″ and one 36″ and they are a perfect set tp pull pannies from the shallows of 3 to 5 feet and still have the sensitivity to feel them down ine the depths of 20 feet or so..

And then with a unexpected pike or bass comes into play (Will, I don’t get walleyes ) that QT will handle that fish with solid back bone..

Quick Tip is the perfect name of this rod !!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

st criox still might make solid graphite blanks that will handle what you are looking for. it has been a few years since I built rods, but those are the the blanks I used when I did

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

You can’t go wrong with a TUCR but if you don’t have a little extra coin to drop on a custom rod. I love the St. Croix Premiers – if it’s panfish you’re after I would recommend the 24″ Ultralight. Or the 24″ Medium Light if you want a little more backbone (if the Pike and Bass roam the same holes as these Pannies).

Michelle1969
    NULL

I love my quick tip, fast tip with all the back bone you could need.

CreekKid
    SE MN

I’m pretty much a “make from a broken long rod” (at the most, less than $20) kinda guy. After looking at TU rods, I’ve been searching for that “secret pocket” in my wallet.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

The 36 inch is a perfectly designed stick, handles fish very nice. Taper is what makes the rod great, – QB

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.