Walley Ice Rod Suggestion?

• MeatSandwich

Hello,

Looking for an walleye ice rod suggestion for deep water. Model and length would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any input.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I prefer longer rods like the 36″ rods for hole hopping there’s some good reasonable rods out there frabill 13 fishing St cCroix if you want the best go custom Tuned Up Custom rods or Thornebbrothers

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

I prefer longer rods like the 36″ rods for hole hopping there’s some good reasonable rods out there frabill 13 fishing St cCroix if you want the best go custom Tuned Up Custom rods or Thornebbrothers

X2 for the TUCR I like them – seems pricey but good. A lot of money to slip down that ice hole! I also know that there are a bunch of good custom rod builders in the area

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Hello,

Looking for an walleye ice rod suggestion for deep water. Model and length would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any input.

Will you be fishing from a permanent, portable, or outside? That answer might limit the length you can go with for practical purposes. What types of lures and weights do you fish with most?

FDR

nathan_schott
    Cheboygan MI

best rod for the price i would have to say is either a frabil or a fenwick elite ice. be careful when picking out a frabil some of there rods are not worth a hoot. the fenwick elite ice rods will not disappoint. now there not tucr but they are well built and are very consistent. my biggest problem with the frabils is that some of their rods the eyelets are not aligned correctly. its just irritating to have two of the exact same rod one with good eyelets and another with misaligned eyelets. like said before the fenwick elite ice rods are solid and a medium action rod at any length should do you just fine they run in the 25 to 35 dollar range depending where you buy. i own 4 of these rods and im very happy with them.

toxic11

I have both TUCR PRECISION and DH Custom walleye stinger and perch pounder in 32 inches. All are great rods.

kjayson

Give DH customs Walleye Stinger or Perch Pounder a try

tucrs
    NW Metro

In the shack 28-32″
    Hole hopping 32-36″

What size jigs are you most confident in?
    Around 1/8oz the Precision rod is the best.
    1/4 the Power Precision is better.

MeatSandwich

Hey thanks for the input guys. I’m planning on using some bigger spoons. I have light stuff by Clam for perch/bluegill and what have you. It sounds like 32′ is the way to go.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

The precision from TUCR is a great stick, IMO the best all around walleye stick on the market. I lke the 36 for outside and the 32 for inside. – QB

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.