black betty 6061

• kennyd

might sound dumb but does the RH edition mean you reel with your right hand or reel with your left hand like most right handed people do with spinning reels?…stupid i know!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Black Betty 6061 RH means you reel with right hand

icetroller
    Ludington, Michigan

You are correct in assuming you reel it like a spinning reel. Right handed means you reel with your left.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well one of you are correct. Sorry Trumar I think it is capt. Dave

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Black Betty 6061 RH means you reel with right hand

When you look to buy a reel that is “Right Handed”, then why is the handle always on the right side ? see attachment>>>

right hand reel

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Maybe it’s just my perspective but for right handers when the reel is on top of the pole we use our right hand to reel. When the reel is on the bottom side of the pole we use our left hand to reel. I don’t know if it’s natural or a learned thing.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Trumar is correct RH means reel with right hand. Reel is on the right side of reel!

kennyd

whoa you guys got me all confused for a minute! hahaha,,,,maybe it wasnt that dumb of a question after all! so is the consensus that it means you reel with your RIGHT hand????

ccales
    Mpls, MN

I bought a 6061 last year. They only came in right hand. The handle was on the left side of the reel body. I had to take it apart and flip the one way bearing to turn it so that the handle was on the right side. The reels marked left handed should have the handle on the right side.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

In my experience, “right hand” reels mean you hold the rod with your right hand but actually reel with your left. Almost all of the reels nowadays are set up for “right handed” people meaning a left hand side retrieve allowing you to hold the combo with your right hand.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Quote:

I bought a 6061 last year. They only came in right hand. The handle was on the left side of the reel body. I had to take it apart and flip the one way bearing to turn it so that the handle was on the right side. The reels marked left handed should have the handle on the right side.

Last year’s model was reversible. This year’s is available in Left or Right Handed. I bought a right hand reel for my son for xmas and that is reeled with the right hand, I think. Won’t know for sure til he opens I guess

Bryan Myers

Ill try to help you out here. I just went and took a picture of them in the box for you the one out of the box setting on the rod is the left hand. So you reel it with your left hand. The one in the box is right hand and reels with the right hand. Hope that helps.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

I don’t understand why this is so hard?? RIGHT hand retrieve means the handle is on the RIGHT side of the reel and you reel with your RIGHT HAND. Left hand retrieve means the handle is on the left side of the reel and you reel with your left hand. right=right left=left….pretty simple guys…Does not matter if it’s a baitcaster, spinning reel, inline, fly, or underspin…

kennyd

this solves it! thanks!!!!

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

I don’t understand why this is so hard?? RIGHT hand retrieve means the handle is on the RIGHT side of the reel and you reel with your RIGHT HAND. Left hand retrieve means the handle is on the left side of the reel and you reel with your left hand. right=right left=left….pretty simple guys…Does not matter if it’s a baitcaster, spinning reel, inline, fly, or underspin…

i was thinking the same thing as i read through this one. Glad it got sorted out, this applies to all types of reels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.