In-Depth Outdoors TV – Show #3 Upper Red Lake Eyes

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Video Details: Season 8 – Episode 3. Ice Fishing. Walleye. In-Depth Outdoors TV Host James Holst and Pro-Staffer Joel Nelson head to Upper Red Lake near Washkish, MN to get in on some early season walleye action in advance of the first major winter storm of the season.

To watch Season 8 – Episode 3, click on the video player above OR use this direct link >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE8Q2TCdIos

Don’t forget to set those DVRs or tune in next Sunday at 8AM on FSN to catch the show!

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Great show fellas!
    BTW— What kind of Frabill gloves are you wearing?
    Task Force or?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks Bullcans. Those were the gauntlet style.

dvocelka32
    Duluth, MN

Awesome episode guys! Hope you had good luck out in the cold front!

hamms
    Mn

Good show. Those TUCR look fun!

fireline
    Rochester

Were you using bait on the spoons ? Great show !

Skymech
    Metro, MN

Another excellent episode! How are the ice conditions after the snow? Keep up the good work!

zekoonce
    West Salem, WI

Best show on TV this time of year!!!!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Nice work on the fish guys, great episode!

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Awesome show as always James! I was really hoping for pannies out west. The nice eyes helped the ice itch for a while though. I truly am jealous of your occupation James!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Awesome show as always James! I was really hoping for pannies out west. The nice eyes helped the ice itch for a while though. I truly am jealous of your occupation James!

As I type this I’m sitting in a Super 8 in Sisseton, SD. Tomorrow perch will be the #1 target although we won’t turn our nose up at any walleye that cross our path. And if the perch don’t cooperate tomorrow we have a crappie bite as a plan B. Either way there’s a very good chance you’ll get that panfish show next week.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Were you using bait on the spoons ? Great show !

Yup, we were tipping the spoons with minnow heads.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Another excellent episode! How are the ice conditions after the snow? Keep up the good work!

Hey Skymech,

I asked Brad Hawthorne to drop in and give us an update on conditions. He guides Upper Red and has the latest. With a little luck he’ll fill us in on the details.

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

cant wait for the next show as i’m from Sisseton! there are a ton of good lakes around for some good fishing. blessed to grow up in this area! i’m sure you wont have a problem icing a ton of fish! i’ll be after em in a couple weeks over Christmas break, schools the main priority right now! GOOD LUCK!

gloomis21
    Nebraska

Nice work fellas!! Way to tough it out. Can’t wait to try out my new TUC Precision on some eyes!! Great show as always

dld24

I just got back from Beacon Harbor and it was definately a cold one…Yesterday we got between 25-30 eyes and a 32″ pike…Today was a little slower, but we still managed a dozen or so…But we did call it quits a little early though, figured we’d leave when it got to the high for the day, -7 lol…We didn’t come across much slush and we had 11″ of ice…we were in 8FOW…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just got back from Beacon Harbor and it was definately a cold one…Yesterday we got between 25-30 eyes and a 32″ pike…Today was a little slower, but we still managed a dozen or so…But we did call it quits a little early though, figured we’d leave when it got to the high for the day, -7 lol…We didn’t come across much slush and we had 11″ of ice…we were in 8FOW…

Both Joel and I donated 2 – 3 spoons each to the gators in that area. Next time up I’ll have the tipups and a bucket of suckers to see if we can’t get some of those big gators on the ice.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Skymech,

I asked Brad Hawthorne to drop in and give us an update on conditions. He guides Upper Red and has the latest. With a little luck he’ll fill us in on the details.

Here’s the latest info on URL from Brad Hawthorne.

http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1297957

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.