Oh… It happened

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

After charging my Marcum battery when the reminder post came out this summer and checking it a couple days before I went out this weekend. Yep get on the ice and the DCS reads O%. Had to fish blind, man how did we get by with out electronics for so many years. Pulled the battery out when I got home and it was date stamped 08. This was the original battery on my LX-5.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I now take a spare new batt with me when I go. I just leave it in the vehicle.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

I now take a spare new batt with me when I go. I just leave it in the vehicle.

I put gator clamps on 2 wires last year and connected my old vex to a marine deep cycle when the juice got low from long days in the shack. When I’m out in the open or in a portable I bring an extra battery too, or at least leave one in the truck.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I always have extra batteries. Not a fan of running out!!

BBKK
    IA

After it happened to me I also started carrying a spare! Sometimes I take it with me on the ice, but usually its under the seat in the truck. I take it in the house and top it off once a week.

BBKK
    IA

After it happened to me I also started carrying a spare! Sometimes I take it with me on the ice, but usually its under the seat in the truck. I take it in the house and top it off once a week.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

I was out one day and 2 hours before sunset I lost my jig and then the bottom got all messed up and I thought it was the unit so I checked the battery and 5% left. I was lucky that I brought my underwater camera and toke that battery and was good. So now the camera comes all the time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.