Ice Gloves

• BBKK
    IA

In search for a pair of gloves for ice/open water fishing. What I am after:
    WATERPROOF
    THIN (NOT BULKY)
    GOOD MOVEMENT (NOT STIFF)
    GOOD PRICE

Anyone have a recommendation? I’ve been fishing barehanded the last few years because I just cannot find a pair of gloves that I like.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

I would look at the frabill task force gloves. Super warm and 100% waterproof. They are nice and not bulky at all.

BBKK
    IA

Do frabill gloves run large or small? I’m a 9″ hand so that puts me right on the line between large and x-large for gloves.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

I would go to fleet farm or a store that sold them and try them on. I have ice armor task force and frabill and the frabills are a little smaller than those. Hope this helps.

BBKK
    IA

There is no place around here to try them on. Nobody carries anything good around here.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

my hand is 8″ and I have a large so I think a X-large would be good

Grawler

If I could add to your list…easy to get on when your hands are wet.

I’ve tried about everything and leather with goretex lining and wool fit all those requirements.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

I have the leather gloves and use them to drill all my holes and sometimes when hole hopping but they seem to soak up water but when im hole hopping and setting my gloves in the wet snow nothing beats the frabills.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Quote:

I would look at the frabill task force gloves. Super warm and 100% waterproof. They are nice and not bulky at all.

X2!

jfs62
    Southeast WI

I have tried most of the gloves out there and I always end up back with the ol’ tried and true rag wool gloves. They stay relatively warm even when wet and nothing I’ve found beats their flexibility and feel. Of course, weather in Southeast WI is not the harshest so I can get away without the max protection. However, of the gloves I’ve tried the Frabill Task glove was probably the best.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

My guys and I have been using the Ice Armor Edge series gloves for a few years now. NEVER have cold or wet hands and they stay flexible. The Frabills are a good choice, too.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Cabelas has a great glove. I’m CRSing on the name and too lazy to search their site right now. Of your constraints, the only one that might get a bit crosswise is the bulk factor. They’re not thin but they certainly aren’t in the choppers category either. Regular price is $70 – $80 range if you look for them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.