ice plastics

• troy-starch
    stoddard wi

I am going to try plastics more this year what are you guys using to keep them neat and organized any tips or pic would be great thanks have a SAFE ICE SEASON

BBKK
    IA

Leave them in the little baggies they come in and then put them in a plano 3700 box.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

I use the clam boxes. The one I really like is the small with the foam for the jigs on one side and the slots with the cover on the other side for soft plastics.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I use the clam boxes. The one I really like is the small with the foam for the jigs on one side and the slots with the cover on the other side for soft plastics.

That is the box I use for my “every day” plastics and jig heads, the ones I switch between each day. But I keep my supply in a 3700.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Keep them in the bags they came in. Then I use the northland jig wallet. Its small and compact. I’ve got about 20 of those little impulse and maki plastics baggies sitting in mine right now.

jfs62
    Southeast WI

You can also purchase small plastic bags at craft stores. That way you can take what you need for the day. Splitting your plastics up this way also allows you to try scents/attractants on a portion of your plastics instead of all at once.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

As somebody who pours plastic I advise you leave in the bags. Taking them out and putting them in Plano or other boxes is a bad idea. You don’t know how they will react or lose impregnated scent from being out of the sealed bag. As suggested craft stores sell bags to replace damaged or full ones if you condense them. Do not mix brands by color as the plastisol may be different and they could melt together. I also use a fly leader wallet to store my plastics.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

As somebody who pours plastic I advise you leave in the bags…..You don’t know how they will react or lose impregnated scent from being out of the sealed bag….Do not mix brands by color as the plastisol may be different and they could melt together. I also use a fly leader wallet to store my plastics.

100% in agreement with this. Lots of stuff roaming around now from China and they add some pretty strange stuff to plastic over there that isn’t good company even with other products from the same country.

The small zip-locks afford instant identification of the plastic. They stay clean and can’t mess with a thing in their bag. Another idea for carrying ice plastics is one of the zippered wallet type bags with binder rings and plastic zip-lock bags inside. This makes for quick changes and keeps the baits well organized.

BBKK
    IA

Resealable crack baggies are the best thing to use for ice plastics. Holds a small amount of each color and are very easy to stick in a clear box. I buy them by the 1000 for $10 on ebay.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Kevin’s suggestion of carrying only what you need on the ice is goot too. I seldom carry more than 5 or 6 of a color of any plastic in the boat or on the ice.

troy-starch
    stoddard wi

thanks for all the info this helps looking forward to this ice season.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.