New Clam Maki Plastics

• Tombat74

Hey there

I just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on the new Maki plastics from Clam? I like all the patterns that they have decided to package. I am going to add some to my arsenal of finesse plastics for panfish and walleyes this season. Are there any current Maki users out there? Any rigging tips?

dbright
    Cambridge

I just picked some up tonight. Looks similar to the impulse plastics I used last year with some success. Planning on being out Wednesday thru Sunday. I can let you know how they worked for me.

Tombat74

Thanks thats awesome. They are just starting to put out the ice fishing stuff at my local shop. I also use the northland impulse stuff. Its my go to for ice plastics at the moment but I always like to try new and interesting patterns.

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I picked up a whole bunch of different varieties and colors from Scott Brauer last winter. The Jamei in purple worked really well for perch in stained water. I also like the Scudi and Shrimpii which is not part of Clams lineup.

There are many other varieties and colors that you can get directly from Scott through his Makiplastics website.

http://www.makiplastic.com/

lhprop1
    Eagan

I didn’t know Clam was marketing Maki plastics now. Good for them. I’ve always been a fan.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

The red Maki is gonna be dynamite for crappies! (The octopus shaped one)

jfs62
    Southeast WI

I used them a lot last year. Various styles and colors. Very effective used with a small tungsten jig head. They were soft and very lifelike.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

Im glad clam is marketing them because now hopefully fleet farm will have them

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

I got mine at fleet farm! Tried them out today, they look good. I didn’t catch anything on them, but I think it was more a matter of not being around any fish all day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.