Majmun Jigs

• 257ROBT

Just wondering if anyone has tried the 3mm Majmun ice jigs and what you thought of their quality/finish? I have looked at them a few times. The first time I saw them this year I wasn’t overly impressed, but the more I look at them the more I like them. I am thinking that they might be good for fishing plastics. Last year I stocked up on #12 Gill Pills and did great with them. This year I have gotten a bunch of the 3mm Chekai jigs and 1/16oz Slender Spoons to try.

Thanks,

Dale

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

3mm copper and split tail froggy goto bait on picky gills very sharp hooks I like the glow also

257ROBT

Thanks for the info. I picked up a few today to play around with. I haven’t tried copper before, but I did get a Majmun and I also got some Chekai’s to try. Dale

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I caught the biggest crappie of my life last season on a majmun red glow jig! but I still prefer Northands fireball #12 for my go to jigs.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

I love these jigs I bought some last year and broke the 5 I got off on fish. Match these with ratso tail and these are killer on gills and slab crappies.

257ROBT

I was able to pick up some jigs. Now just to get some ice. The jigs I got were the size 14 and the colors I got were gold, copper, red, purple, orange, chartreuse, and regular glow (they did have silver but have never tried silver before, any thoughts?). There are a few things I really like.

1. Given that I fish a lot of plastcs and usually used a gold ball head jig around 1/80oz with a #12 hook, these jigs with a #14 are better, along with the weight to get even deeper, as well as extra for presentation.

2. I like the 45 degree hook eye. One thing I learned last year was the 45 degree hook eye on the gill pill’s rocks. I like to fish that jig in three different positions which I can do easily by adjusting my knot. I had a few days last year when I would fish the gill pill horizontally, I would get a hit but not catch anything. I would pull up, and re-position the knot/plastic bait so the jig would hang vertical. This was enough of a difference to trigger a bite. The majmun should work just as well I hope.

Dale

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.