More Ice Pics from Mille Lacs

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

She’s ready to freeze boys and girls… Now if it would just stay cold for more than a couple days

Pic #1 is Wahkon Bay frozen over as far out as you can see from shore and other two pics are of Malmo Bay. with a good ammount of shore ice

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yipee so first ice trip this weekend right??

Please be careful out there people.

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

Seems like just yesterday we were all looking at those same pics hoping it would clear off by opener. Oh how things change.

Nice photos Will

Michael Moy
    S.W. Wright Co. Mn.

And to think I was tossing around the idea of going up for a Nov. full moon trip on friday?????????

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

And to think I was tossing around the idea of going up for a Nov. full moon trip on friday?????????

There is some warm weather coming in state wide tomorrow… Make sure you check in with Will before you head up, just to make sure there is safe ice.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I like this one !!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Dang that was quick Wahkon Bay was wide open Sunday when I came home

Palerider77

Bring the boat and the clam, one of them will get the job done.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

47 degrees today in Isle. Hows the ice holding up Will ?

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

47 degrees today in Isle. Hows the ice holding up Will ?

Not sure about the South end but the harbors are still locked up on the North. I’ll know more when I head back up hunting tomorrow.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Weekend update from Mille Lacs

When I made it up to Malmo on Friday afternoon there were a couple hundred yards of ice out from the access almost 2″ thick and I even walked out about 100′. By Sunday after a weekend with temps in the 40’s it had shrunk to about 150′, but with the cold temps it was still holding its own. Driving around the South end it looked very similar with ice even a bit farther out but I wasn’t able to get any pics.

It sounds like people were still able to get out in a boat over the weekend in Garrison, but I doubt anyone will be making it out much longer with cold temps on the horizon for later this week

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Nice pic back towards the landing Will. How bad was the itch from that spot?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Will !!!
    Love the pick back at the landing !!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.