Humminbird 798ci HD si with ice ducer

• Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Has anyone here used the XI 9 20 Ice ducer from Humminbird with their 798ci HD si head unit? it isn’t listed as a compatible model for the ducer. I have read on other forums that people purchased the ducer for this same model, but there were no results as to whether or not it worked.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

I used the ice transducer on my 596 on I just bought a extra GPS puck and hooked it up to my 798 and it worked just fine. I plan on using the 798 this year

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

I used the ice transducer on my 596 on I just bought a extra GPS puck and hooked it up to my 798 and it worked just fine. I plan on using the 798 this year

Sinister,
    Just want to clarify that the puck and the ducer both worked, or did you just hook up the puck?

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

They do not make ice ducers for the side or down imaging units. these units put out to much power and will burn up the ducer. That is why you can not find compatible match for the DI and SI units.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

The 9/20 ice ducer is compatible. Used mine all last winter.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Jason Halfen used his 1198 SI ducer mounted on the end of a stick ( basically )used the flasher mode and SI just by slowly turning the ducer. Can you say sheap 360.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

I bought a new puck so I wouldn’t have to take the one off the boat. I took the unit out to the lake in a buddies boat and ice transducer and puck both worked properly

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Quote:

Jason Halfen used his 1198 SI ducer mounted on the end of a stick ( basically )used the flasher mode and SI just by slowly turning the ducer. Can you say sheap 360.

I tried that with the transducer on the trolling motor with same results. told my wife its my poor man’s 360. lol…

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Funny part about your references to the 360 is that I traded one in for a cut off my 798… Got to love fishing contest raffles!

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

I ordered my new boat last week and I got it equipped with the 360. All I can say is, it better be worth the the 1900$price tag

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Oh you guys are talking about that 360! For some reason I was thinking you were talking about the aquavu 360… Sorry for being a little slow!

Tombat74

Quote:

Has anyone here used the XI 9 20 Ice ducer from Humminbird with their 798ci HD si head unit? it isn’t listed as a compatible model for the ducer. I have read on other forums that people purchased the ducer for this same model, but there were no results as to whether or not it worked.

I have used the XI9-20 for one full winter last season on my 798 HD SI and haven’t encountered any issues with using that iceducer. You will need to shut off your simulation mode in the unit so that it will recognize the transducer. When I set mine up I also bought a 9AH battery so that I could have enough power for extended days fishing. I love this unit on the ice. Lake master maps are great to have along! The only drawback is that the power and sensitivity can be a little too much in very shallow water. IE 10ft and shallower. HB had an update this past march though that addresses the shallow water read issue. I noticed a difference in the boat. I am hoping that it also works better on shallow water ice fishing. Good luck with your unit!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.