Who is running DI on the ice?

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

For the guys that are using units with down imaging, how do you like it for the ice? I know the transducer aspect is a bit of a pain. I started with gluing a bubble level on the transducer of my green box, so that’s easy enough. Thinking about pulling the 858 off the bow mount in my boat and trying it. I would think the down imaging could be great for weedy conditions???

Well, anyone running DI on the ice?

jack conrad

Boat must be moving in order for di to work properly

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Boat must be moving in order for di to work properly

. Not true. Sure there is a learning curve but I know guys are using DI and SI on the ice.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

You could fish Lake Superior where the ice moves.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

DI only gives a small slice of the water very similar to SI so I am not sure how that would work.

Use SI by turning the transducer in a circle like the 360 Jason Halfen has been doing that for years.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Just like my SI, i can read it with the boat anchored…But it’s not as effective. DI works the same as SI but displays it differently. As much as i have thought about using my SI or even DI (lol, not likely DI ever) on the ice, i just bring my GPS and Head unit for waypoints and the chart…and i didn’t even do that last year, i just used my navionics app for charting and memory for waypoints.

Sam Held
    Rocklake, ND

I am putting an ice ducer on my 598 so I can use the waypoints on my GPS and use it for my sonar as I have been using my lowrance for years and like the LCD units on ice. In the past I have used the bubble on various transducers of LCD sonars to use them on hard water but it was a pain and would have to be adjusted everytime it went in the hole or a fish came up the hole, I cant imagine getting away from that problem with a down imaging transducer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.