Lowrance Skimmer Transducer for Ice Fishing

• skeeter1775
    Bismarck, ND

Just wondering if anybody has a clever way of rigging up the skimmer transducer from their HDS unit to work for ice fishing. I have an extra one just sitting around so i was hoping not to have to buy the ice ducer. I am planning on using it for fishing out of my truck.

Thanks!

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

I did this a few years ago prior to getting a seperate ice transducer. Get a piece of flat aluminium stock long enough to get below the ice, drill a hole in the end to attach the skimmer transducer. Slide a piece of foam (fun noodle) on the other end of the aluminium rod and you’re set.

BBKK
    IA

I rigged one up for a buddy of mine. I used the transom mount and bolted it to a 1″ wooden dowel so it was perfectly level. Then I attached pipe insulation at the top of the dowel so it will float. Works fine, but its only one length so at first ice its hanging 6″ below the ice, and at late ice its up in the hole.

UPFishbucket

Just a heads up, not sure what lowrance unit you have but there is a ppp-18 ice kit that fits many models. I picked one up for 120$ and it comes with the ice ducer, case, 12v battery and charger. Its a nice little package. That way you can just transfer your unit from your boat to the kit and not have to mess with the ducer. I know if you have to raplace the skimmer transducers they run close to 100$ anyway. Just thought i’d let yanno!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.