NAIFC on MENOMIN and CHISAGO

• TD Ramrod
    Menomonie, WI

Thought I would let everybody know about some upcoming ice tournaments. The NAIFC(North American Ice Fishing Circuit) is having a tournament on Lake Menomin in Menomonie, WI on Sunday Feb 24th, and on Chisago and South Lindstrom in Lindstrom, MN on Mar 10th. Get a partner and get into one of these. For details go to naifc.com

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for posting!

I’ve always heard this is a fun tourny.

Go TEAM #8!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Looking for a repeat from our hometown team Go get em Dan and Luke

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

It is a fun tourney with some great regulars that fish it. There are husband and wife teams and a few teams that have sponsorship. I fished in it 2 years ago and had a blast, we finished in the top 20 but would of done much better if we could of got our limit of Crappies.

I hope to fish this on a regular basis once I retire and get my GF convinced to be my partner.

TD Ramrod
    Menomonie, WI

Repeats are tough no matter what the sport is but we will give er he!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I see the Chisago tourny on March 10th is filling out nicely as well.

1 8 SCAMAN, WARREN – IL / KOPJO, JIM – IL
    2 988 DITTMAN, DAN – WI / KERSTEN, LUKE – WI
    3 227 BJONFALD, SHAWN – MN / PALMER, CHRIS – MN
    4 1032 KEEHR, THOMAS – MN / NEUBERT, SCOTT – MN
    5 245 BLEGEN, BEN – MN / BLEGEN, LUKE – MN
    6 685 KEMOS, NICK – WI / WARNER, BEN – WI
    7 1197 THIES, MITCH – MN / WALLACE, CHRIS – MN
    8 1133 BEARDEN, BRAD – MI / BEARDEN, JOSH – MI
    9 72 GAWLINSKI, JACEK – IL / WOJCIK, ZBIGNIEW – IL
    10 301 NEWBY, BRANDON – WI / WILSON, RYAN – WI
    11 719 WOLD, JEFF – WI / ELLIOTT, BRANDON – WI
    12 1237 HALVERSON, JACK – MN / NISSEN, CHAD – MN
    — 979 GARCIA, JOHN – WI / WELTZIN, GRANT – WI
    — 11 ANDERSON, GORDY – MN / COOPER, CARL – MN
    — 1183 KUBAT, JIM – MN / NEUBERT, DAVE – MN
    — 952 GOTCH, BOB – MN / GOTCH, JOSH – MN
    — 1194 TURCK, DALTON – MN / MONTAG, JAMIE – MN
    — 1202 ZACHRISON, CORA – MN / SCHMIDT, RANDY – MN
    — 1220 HOPKE, GRANT – MN / HEMMING, KEENAN – MN
    — 777 JOZWIAK, DUSTIN – WI / FISCHER, TOM – WI
    — 1155 KAMRATH, JASON – WI / HUPF, PETER – WI
    — 1241 LEE, KERBY – WI / LEE, CLINT – WI

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That team number 1 looks familiar.

Bryan Myers

These tourneys are a blast! I remember the first one I fished, the fishing was terrible but I learned so much from the other anglers!

If anyone has ever thought about fishing one I would definitely recommend trying it!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Maybe Brian will be my partner.

BBKK
    IA

I saw a few of those NAIFC tournaments online a while back. Seems like a great way to get the stunted fish out of your lake, send the NAIFC boys at them. Keeping 2-3″ fish to fill a limit…. Winning weight 20 bluegill 20 crappie was 2lbs on one of the tournaments I saw. They were using 8″ rods, 1# line, and the smallest little jigs I have ever seen.

TD Ramrod
    Menomonie, WI

B BK Put your money where your mouth is come on up and fish a couple NAIFC tourneys with the boys. They only weigh 16 total fish usually 8 of 1 species and 8 of another not 40 total. Some days fishing gets tough man and only the little ones bite. You should try fishing sometime instead of posting all day.

BBKK
    IA

Yeah right. Fishing all day in a crowd of people for 16 4″ fish is not my idea of fun. I’d rather sit by myself on a brush pile and catch some nice fish and enjoy the day.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Tourney’s of any kind are not everyone’s cup of tea. That being said, I don’t see a reason to point out that fact.

Personally, I would go to be a spectator.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

I saw a few of those NAIFC tournaments online a while back. Seems like a great way to get the stunted fish out of your lake, send the NAIFC boys at them. Keeping 2-3″ fish to fill a limit…. Winning weight 20 bluegill 20 crappie was 2lbs on one of the tournaments I saw. They were using 8″ rods, 1# line, and the smallest little jigs I have ever seen.

B BK you are thinking of the wrong tourney, the one your thinking of is the world tourney not the North American Ice Fishing Championship.

This tourney is a bunch of great people that know how to catch bigger fish and are not limited to a small area to fish.

icetroller
    Ludington, Michigan

My partner and I will be there, looking forward to fishing a new lake. Hopefully it has some big crappie. This would be a great opportunity foranyone wanting to fish the Championship on Mille Lacs to qualify. That lake has some real slab crappie and gills, cant wait to get back there.

munchy71
    Stuart, Iowa

Quote:

Yeah right. Fishing all day in a crowd of people for 16 4″ fish is not my idea of fun. I’d rather sit by myself on a brush pile and catch some nice fish and enjoy the day.

Yeah, just look at all those 4″ fish….

2012 NAIFC Championships Results

-Munchy

TD Ramrod
    Menomonie, WI

The Championship was a blast, huge crappies and gills, lots of little perch tho. Anybody interested in the competitivness of tourney fishing that has never tried the NAIFC would have a great time.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

B BK Put your money where your mouth is come on up and fish a couple NAIFC tourneys with the boys. They only weigh 16 total fish usually 8 of 1 species and 8 of another not 40 total. Some days fishing gets tough man and only the little ones bite. You should try fishing sometime instead of posting all day.

Please put your MONEY where you MOUTH is I might even show up to watch you get your handed to you

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.