Nils Auger info

• kennyd

i am having big time issues with my nils..2 brand new heads that wont cut at all…one power point, one non…they just vibrate and spin…frustrating for a 600 auger that i was SO excited to get…sending them into frank for inspection…seems to be a lot of the new heads not cutting when i do forum searches!!! hopefully they get it figured out!

DAN J

Ice build up is the main cause of that. Or it could be
    improper pitch. The Nils is a shaver works on speed not torgue to cut. Hard to believe you could have 2 bad cutting heads at the same time but it is possible. That thing should pull it’s self down the hole with very little pressure from you.

DAN J

I mixed the first gallon of gas 50/1 regular 2 stroke oil to break it in. That will last you a whole season. Then I went to Amsoil Sabre 100/1 and never looked back. As for gas don’t use E85.

bee
    Maine

May not be true but i have read about the ice in ND haveing a lot of sand in it. If true you are in trouble.

kennyd

well i got to get out with the Frank fixed power pont this weekend…it now cuts WAYYYY better then new…like a dream…it just grabs and rips…no pressure needed at all…i am starting to wonder if reeds sold me a used or damaged cutting head!!! it is the most amazing auger ever now!

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

well i got to get out with the Frank fixed power pont this weekend…it now cuts WAYYYY better then new…like a dream…it just grabs and rips…no pressure needed at all…i am starting to wonder if reeds sold me a used or damaged cutting head!!! it is the most amazing auger ever now!

To be entirely honest, from the sounds of things this year, I think the factory is simply slipping on their QC and sending out less than optimal heads. There are simply too many folks experiencing this problem. Maybe they can’t keep up with increased demand, who knows. Regardless, yours was NOT an isolated occurence by the sounds of things.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.