Mazaska

• yahbuddy
    Holmen, WI

Heading to Mazaska to my cousins cabin on Thursday for a long weekend. I am going with a couple of guys that dont ice fish much so would like to get them on fish. I have heard the ice is plenty thick to drive on but have not heard how the bite is. Looking for some info from fellow idoers. Thanks

stasney
    New Prague, MN

I was out 2 weeks ago and had luck with smaller crappies in deep water at sunset into the dark. If you pick threw them u can get a meal. Fish were up 7 to 20 ft off the bottom. Small forage minnow with small minnow head or bobber with small minnow. The bigger crappies I think were in shallower. Good luck.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I was out earlier this week and did well on the flats on the North end for pike. Biggest was 39″. The crappies were deep. We used a diamond head/minnow combo. We caught many in the 12-14 inch range. Our biggest was 16″. Who knew there were walleye in that lake? Got into a few. Nothing huge. 23 was the largest. Many bass took our bait too. One stretched the tape at 20 inches. We even caught a smallie. The perch didn’t bite well, but ran big. We let all the 13″ mamas swim another day. No Gills. 12 eelpout and one musky was caught.

Good luck! The way you’ve been catching this winter, you’ll need it!

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Then on the second day, we caught a blue fin marlin and were treated to free foot massages.

yahbuddy
    Holmen, WI

Sounds like you had a good time, I didnt think there was any blue fins left in that lake! I bet that was fun catching something besides bass.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

ekruger01

I fish this lake on a regular basis. 12-14 i believe but your gonna have to have a picture to convince me about a 16″ crappie.

US-Johnson
    Austi Mn

Quote:

I fish this lake on a regular basis. 12-14 i believe but your gonna have to have a picture to convince me about a 16″ crappie.

X2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.