Clam Corp Customer Service

• Duke M

Had leg zipper failure on a pair of Ice Armor Extreme bibs that are three seasons old and have probably 100 trips on them. An e-mail to Clam Corp resulted in a polite reply that while Clam Corp. does have a large stock of repair parts they do not have zippers for their Ice Armor suits.
    I sent back a polite reply that it is a shame that a 400 dollar suit could be rendered unusable for want of a 20 dollar zipper. Perhaps they could check with their manufacturer and get me a zipper.
    Two days later I got another e-mail that indeed they were able to locate a zipper and it has been put in the mail for me.

Duke

big_g
    Isle, MN

For future reference, JoAnne Fabrics has zippers, hate to see any useful clothing go unused, especially $400 bibs

Travisroell
    West Bend, WI

Clam customer service is great had shack issue last year and Carrie in customer service was great to deal with

red89
    Hudson

I got a brand new clam 2000 ice shack from them for free just by sending them an email saying the bottom of mine was cracked, so I would say their customer service is pretty great. Probably should of got another clam rather than my otter after having such great service.

BBKK
    IA

You should hear the posts about clams customer service on the other websites. Guys having problems and clam says “oh yeah, we’ll get that right out to you!” then nothing ever comes and all phone calls/emails are ignored.

One guy even said they sent him the wrong shanty for a replacement (sent a 2 man instead of a 1 man) and he returned it to them and told them they made a mistake. They apologized and thanked him for returning it then never sent him his replacement.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Why would one go to “other” websites ??? Obviously they have the exact opposite experience… don’t let them bring you down or this thread about GOOD Clam service

(funny how they are not sending things out, but yet, the guy got a 2 man ?)

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Quote:

You should hear the posts about clams customer service on the other websites. Guys having problems and clam says “oh yeah, we’ll get that right out to you!” then nothing ever comes and all phone calls/emails are ignored.

One guy even said they sent him the wrong shanty for a replacement (sent a 2 man instead of a 1 man) and he returned it to them and told them they made a mistake. They apologized and thanked him for returning it then never sent him his replacement.

X2 G My son had a problem with a hub shelter, emailed and the fixed the problem immediatley. I grow tired of people using the internet to bash companies. Every experience is unigue. You can always fine people that have had bad experiences, I have good products and experiences with Clam.
    Todd Geerdes

rouser

Clam’s customer service is so good because they get so much practice….and that’s a shame. A company that hangs their hat on customer service due to production defects has their priorities mixed up IMO…. Not bashing Clam, just suggesting they could focus more on quality control

and their customers wouldn’t need such stellar customer service after the sale.

dinkgofish
    Neenah, WI

Clam Corp customer service is the reason I have stuck with clam products for 10+ yrs.

Duke M

Well I suppose actually the defect was with the YKK zipper that Clam used. I went to YKK’s site and tried to find the appropriate 27″ heavy duty zipper and could not find one. It may be they are custom made per manufacturer’s specifications. You can bet I would not dispose of the bibs, my highly qualified seamstress wife and I would have cobbled together a solution. Lastly the whole suit lists for $400, not just the bibs.

Duke

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.