Minnow heads?

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

Where does a guy buy minnow heads? I have called every bait store in town and no one carries just minnow heads. I hear all this talk of using them for jigging on Slender spoons on this IDO Tv show.

fishon111
    Winnipeg,Mb

find a place that sells minnow tails, they usually will carry heads as well.

fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

Buy a scoop of minnows, put one hook through the head, pinch off behind the gills. And I definitely recommend pinching it off over cutting with a knife. I’ve never seen anyone selling just minnow heads.

josh a

Quote:

They won’t tell you over the phone. You have to go into the bait shop and ask quietly about the minnow heads. Most stores have a secret room in the back that they use to store the minnow heads in. They’re usually about half the price of whole minnows. Good luck.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

They won’t tell you over the phone. You have to go into the bait shop and ask quietly about the minnow heads. Most stores have a secret room in the back that they use to store the minnow heads in. They’re usually about half the price of whole minnows. Good luck.

fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

Hey Josh, I was at a bait shop last weekend that had a room where they were growing genetically modified minnows that grew without bodies, so I know what you’re talking about

ajw

Ive been sitting here biting my fingernails…. must refrain…

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Over here they are half price but all you can get is males

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Doesn’t everyone else just place an order on-line before the start of the season? That’s usually when I find the best deals, and free shipping.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Quote:

Where does a guy buy minnow heads? I have called every bait store in town and no one carries just minnow heads. I hear all this talk of using them for jigging on Slender spoons on this IDO Tv show.

Still waiting for you to say JJSSSSKKKKK (just kidding).

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

He got one person to bite.

joetc
    Rogers and Longville, MN

Too cold to do any real phishing…probably got more bites then those who did brave it. Got a laugh out of me…

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

You guys act like this isn’t real. When you buy 4 dozen or more in the back room if you ask they give you there special BBQ SAUCE recipe for fish ribs. Not valid on online orders.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

find a place that sells minnow tails, they usually will carry heads as well.

…Thats the bait shop i like best.! Cause if they have heads and tails then they have the middles. Thats what i us the most..Love the middle section with the guts hanging out. They just smash them.!!… .. …rrr

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

After watching all the IDO episodes, I think Holst has hoarded them all and shoved them in his jacket pockets and told all the bait shops around to not let the secret out!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

After watching all the IDO episodes, I think Holst has hoarded them all and shoved them in his jacket pockets and told all the bait shops around to not let the secret out!

…and you guys wonder why he’s wearing a different hoodie each week.

fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

Yeah, he got me to bite

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

<yawn> Let me know when they come out with a wax worm head.

KP
    Hudson, WI

They also sell corn! I think ill still go with the real stuff and save the 5 bucks.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.